8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed pr2 tb in my car with 2 gasket, car run's so peppy throttle response is awesome, and power can be felt and tq. It's not much but it's worth the money, I got vibrant catless header with x intake and tsudo exhaust w/o resonator and reflash. You can feel the tb helps after vtec.

Anyway the port on the side, I feel it's useless, it's to close to the plastic thing, I'm planning to get nitrous but I don't know how I going to make the nozzle in that tight spot. That port should be in the bottom.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay so you made a thread to state something thats been said on here before.....dont run nitrous through the port, it will NOT give the ntrous and fuel enough time to mix before enterting the intake manifold
Okay i'm sorry, but the seller says that pr2 got a port for vacumm and nitrous? I'm sorry i don't know everything, i'm just curious.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
yeah thanks for the advice man, i'm just wondering why they say that it's a nitrous port, my old setup is like 6 inches from the tb.

I have a Kinetix SSV intake manifold on my G35. When I wanted to go with nitrous, I noticed a port that said, "nitrous". I assumed that I would thread in a line to there and voila, nitrous connection.

I called Kinetix and they told me that the port was for a nitrous gauge, not for a direct connection of nitrous. They recommended inserting the nozzle in the intake tube before the TB. I would assume that the port you are describing is either for vacuum testing or possibly a a line to a gauge.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a Kinetix SSV intake manifold on my G35. When I wanted to go with nitrous, I noticed a port that said, "nitrous". I assumed that I would thread in a line to there and voila, nitrous connection.

I called Kinetix and they told me that the port was for a nitrous gauge, not for a direct connection of nitrous. They recommended inserting the nozzle in the intake tube before the TB. I would assume that the port you are describing is either for vacuum testing or possibly a a line to a gauge.

dude you got too much money to spend.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Hard to say. G pulls a lot stronger from a dig than the Si. Si seems to gain on the G once into third gear. I've never had the two cars side by side, so a comparison is hard to make. Besides, if I say anymore, I'll have to delete my own post. :laughing:

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
You want to run your nitrous port more upstream. You don't want to inject right at the TB.
100% correct as always Bill. I see why you are a mod :thumb:

PS come wash my car. I saw pics of yours and I want to hire you to wash it daily lol. I really wanna try that Simoniz autodry wash stuff...well I want you to try it and tell me if you can make it work haha.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Okay i'm sorry, but the seller says that pr2 got a port for vacumm and nitrous? I'm sorry i don't know everything, i'm just curious.:cheerleader::cheerleader:
Just be informative, no need to be my mother.
i was being informative, but at the same time a search coulda showed you everything you wanted to know about nitrous though the TB spacer as there has been many threads on it, not to mention you probably woulda been better off puttin this in the fi/nitrous section and not the bolt on since you were mainly worried about the nitrous part of it and not the tb spacer part

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.