8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of late whenever I floor it, it feels restricted. The car is definetly not at full potential and im a lil concerned. the only fuel I use is Chevron, Shell and 76 all 91 octane since i bought the car. I now have about 72** miles anybody else have the same problem

·
Registered
126 Posts
not trying to be funny but are you in the right gear... ie if your crusin in 3rd around 2.5k and floor it it will be a big difference if you down shift to 2nd (revmatching of course and and flooring it.) Beign in the wrong gear sounds like a very low grumble ...a boggy sound until the rpms get higher into the power band.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I first noticed the problem when i shifted from 5th to 4th and no jump at all. But in the beginning it would take off. I have a CAI AEM and A EVO 2 Catback

Civic si 07 by the way

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Common guys

Scenario- So i'm in first gear taking off, step on it till R3dline the car doesn't feel like it's at full throttle.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok 5th gear on the freeway went to pass a vehicle 65mph about 4200rpm shifted down to fourth rpm's jump to 6500 and nothing like i didnt even down shift. Usually if would just spit asphalt and take off

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I agree with the pyschological aspect of this. I 'think' my car has been slower lately, but in fact it shouldn't with all the stuff I've added to it.

You get used to it.

My old truck had a 6.5" lift in it. After a while it looked like it lost a few inches, but it was because I was used to the lift.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I Agree.... My Car Is Still Stock. I've Been Running 14s At The Track. Now, As Hard As I Try, I Can't Even Get In The 14s. Maybe I Just Suck At Driving Now.

EDIT - My Oil Life Is At 30%, Maybe That's Why. I Was Running 14s During 90%-50%. Btw, I Use QPower 5W-30.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
remember the first time you got into higher rpms with your intake? it was loudddd as hellll

now it probably doesnt seem loud at all because you're used to it

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
you car does not produce 197 hp to the wheels. usually, i take off about 20%, give or take, from the hp at crank to figure out an estimate of whp. 160 does sound about right.
Eh, he said 160 BHP... That does not sound right.. Maybe a 160 whp might sound right...

Why is he using 91 octane, get better 93 octane..

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
In SoCal, I can't find any 93 octane, all 91.
Maybe he has the same problem.
But im still using 87 octane.
R18 ftw.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Eh, he said 160 BHP... That does not sound right.. Maybe a 160 whp might sound right...

Why is he using 91 octane, get better 93 octane..
nope that not even right, most Si's are dyno-ing stock at the high 170 to 180 whp range. I'm thinking you are just gettin used to how your car feels, and if thats the case time to get Hondata reflash.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts