8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the great write up.
I just used your guide to change the rear drivers side lock actuator in my '07 Si. It was virtually identical to your front door guide only there was no window bracket to remove. The window bracket is stationary and the actuator easily slides out from underneath it on the rear door. You are not kidding about needing the strength of Hercules to get the door linkage free from that damn plastic clip. I just knew that I was about to break something. Things were popping, creaking and cracking when I was tugging on that linkage. Once it broke free the clip went flying, took me another 5 min to find that stupid thing. Took me a total of 1 hr 15 min from start to finish to change out the actuator with the assistance of your guide, fairly easy job.
Hey, i have an 07 SI sedan as well, and my rear driver side door is experiencing the same issue.

is the part # for that also 72150-SNA-A14?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to the OP for this thread. It's been very helpful as I work to replace the left rear passenger door latch on my '07 Civic. The plastic part in the attached photo actually swings toward the inside of the vehicle and upward while remaining inside the larger metal block. It took me a few minutes to understand that the clip is snapped on the metal rod with the open end toward the outside of the car.

Once I realized that it took about 10 seconds using needle nose pliers to pop it off the rod and swing it up and out of the way. Just place one arm of the pliers against the rod below the clip and one arm against the edge of the plastic clip and twist the pliers.

Reading the factory service manual I noticed where they used a clip remover to detach the rod from the plastic clip. For access I simply loosened the latch assembly by popping it out of the hole where it connects with the wiring harness and lowered it enough that I could insert a large flathead screwdriver through it.

No need for Hercules here, just use Archimedes principles instead. Wedge the flathead between the metal block and the rod and with one solid twist it pops off (don't push the handle like a lever, just twist or rotate it). The rod easily popped out and the plastic clip remained in place. I attached some photos and diagrams from the FSM that might help clarify. Now I just need a replacement latch and I can put it all back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
2 Door
Front Left - Drivers: 72150-SVA-A14
Front Right - Pass: 72110-SVA-A13

4 Door
Front Left - Drivers: 72150-SNA-A14
Front Right - Pass: 72110-SNA-A14
Rear Left: 72650-SNA-A14
Rear Right: 72610-SNA-A13

The last 2 digits refer to Engineering Change Level, so this number will increase as Honda makes improvements/changes. (i.e. a 72150-SVA-A13 is interchangeable with 72150-SVA-A14)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a rear passenger actuator for a 2008 Civic hybrid? I can not seem to locate one anywhere on-line. Rock-auto doesn't even list them. fleabay has one but the store won't ship to Alaska.

Can anyone help with a part number for passenger right rear?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a rear passenger actuator for a 2008 Civic hybrid? I can not seem to locate one anywhere on-line. Rock-auto doesn't even list them. fleabay has one but the store won't ship to Alaska.

Can anyone help with a part number for passenger right rear?

Thank you!
Right rear power lock part # 72610-SNA-A14 (this is the revised part number - fits all 4dr Civics w/ power locks)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys if you can help me please

I recently change right front and left actuators by my self but after finished the factory alarm doesn't work, they work right with remote on key and with buttons on driver side open and close de doors the right way but the alarm isn't working, the led on my dash it's off and lights don't flash after hit the lock button on my remote key.

is there something I have to do on the alarm a reset or something like that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another stuck door lock problem solved

I realize this is an ancient post, but you have no idea how grateful I am to the OP (Rawhyde) and the follow up pic's from Dareroll. My 2006 civic ex driver side door got stuck and wouldn't open by any means (key, remote, internal/external handles) at 207K miles. I tried every thing. Kicking, prying, cursing, etc. In the end I just got used to climbing in and out of the passenger door for several weeks.

I ignored the warning signs leading up to this problem. The door wasn't feeling right for a quite a while, but still opened. Sometimes I had to flip the internal lock lever back and forth and then try again with the internal handle to open the door. When it got in this mode the remote or external key would do nothing. Then it failed completely. The door would not open.

So I'm curious about other's experience with this? It must have happened before to someone? How do you open a door that won't open? The lock mechanism cannot be removed unless the door is open, so you're stuck. What would the dealer do to fix this problem? Cut off the door with a torch and replace it? I'm curious if anyone else has had to go through this.

Then two miracles happened one after the other: First, I climbed into the car (through the passenger door as usual) to go to work. When I started the car dash said I had a door open. I climbed back out and checked all the working doors and they were fine. Just on a whim I tried the stuck door. It opened! I never made it work that day.

The second miracle was finding this post through google. I searched for hours through unrelated nonsense before I finally found this post. I got the lock mechanism out and replaced it. It was $90 from the dealer - more than others have paid - but I didn't care at this point. I installed the new one and it's fixed!

That door lock mechanism is deep inside the door, and you cannot see what you need to see. I would *never* have figured this out if it were not for this post.

So thank you all for your posts, and thanks to 8thcivic for hosting this. :dance:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm facing the same issue ledwards has with the door not opening in any way. The problem started with the exterior handle detaching from the push rod, making it completely non-functional. Soon after the interior handle no longer functioned.

I have managed to get the door panel off and can interact with all of the parts but nothing will unlatch the door. Pulling the interior door handle moves the push rod in what I can only assume is the "open door" direction (down). Pushing the push rod down (and every other direction) does nothing.

Short of the miracle that ledwards experienced, can anyone advise on how to un-latch the door so that I can replace the part?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm facing the same issue ledwards has with the door not opening in any way. The problem started with the exterior handle detaching from the push rod, making it completely non-functional. Soon after the interior handle no longer functioned.

I have managed to get the door panel off and can interact with all of the parts but nothing will unlatch the door. Pulling the interior door handle moves the push rod in what I can only assume is the "open door" direction (down). Pushing the push rod down (and every other direction) does nothing.

Short of the miracle that ledwards experienced, can anyone advise on how to un-latch the door so that I can replace the part?

·
Registered
3 Posts
BlueCivicBomb,

Sorry for the last post with no info. I guess I don't know what I'm doing yet.

I'm hoping for a miracle for you too. I found nothing of any help before my door magically opened. The Honda dealer parts guy told me my door would probably have to be cut off with a torch.

I'm hoping I'm wrong (and the parts guy is wrong), but nobody has suggested anything better so far. Maybe someone knowledgeable can get spurred into offering suggestions...

Lynn Edwards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great write up.
Nice and clear, lots of pictures,
Thanks.

Have we actually found out what it is that go's wrong with the actuator?
When I press lock, or unlock, I can hear some thing happening, but my drivers door just does not lock.
It will lock and unlock if I use teh key in teh door lock.

I need to do my 8th Gen, drivers door, that's the right side here in UK

Can the old actuator be opened up, can it be repaired?

Thanks again for a great write up

vette

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never worry about your security again once you choose the quality lock repair services at Action Lock & Door.One of the most important parts of any home is the garage door. Whether you need repairs or a garage door installation, good and professional locksmith company get this work done in a timely manner. They understand how important your home’s security is, which is why we work hard to address any garage door issues you have in a hurry.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts