8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

901 - 920 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Seems like everyone who has an inlet also has an aftercooler, anyone got a dyno, or numbers of a set up similar to:

3.15" pulley
straight inlet
3" collector
3" exhaust
3" +/- CAI
NO AFTERCOOLER OR METH?

I'm just debating the cost to output of putting a bit more money into the CT-E set up vs just going for a KW kit or TVS1320 or something else. I have really enjoyed having such unobstructed access to my engine bay, and easy to find boost leaks from the CT-E in the last 40k+ miles...

But the performance is definitely something I'm used to at this point... I refuse to consider doing an aftercooler or meth injection anymore because I daily drive the car, and adding extra pumps and hoses ruins the simplicity I've enjoyed so much.

[URL=http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/karbonrodd/Dyno3_zpsbd57fed4.png]image
[/URL]

I'm currently making about 310 ewhp with:
-id725s
-Go power header
-Invidia q300 exhaust
-CT-E stage 2
-TB spacer
-OEM TB
-AEM cai with K&N xstream filter
-4.389 final drive
-flat expanse of road (same I've used on my 278 and 286 whp edynos)
-Almost empty tank of gas
-50 degree ambient temps

I'm hesitant to abandon the comfort and simplicity it's supplied in favor of more power, but I am looking for a bit more punch. Problem is I don't want to go spending $1500 for 15 horsepower upgrading the m62... I was considering porting the S/C, a JMERC inlet, J35 TB, 3" exhaust, maybe a 3" pulley or bigger cai, and definitely a retune... What does anyone think I could gain? I'm visualizing about 320-330 ewhp given my current numbers?

Ok I just got tuned with meth but I have an edyno that vit did of a conservative tune before the meth was on there. I for the edyno I had JRSC with merc inlet and 3 inch blower pulley, j35 TB, custom 3.5 inch cai with K&N filter with velocity stack, KRRH with test pipe into a GoPower 3 inch exhaust, and FIC 775cc injectors. I think thats all the performance stuff off the top of my head.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Now would 15 hp be worth the money to upgrade your setup to mine for that power.... thats up to you but I would say no. And you will need some cooling to really get the most out of the smaller pulley.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I hope this shows up havn't been able to have my forum time in a long time but any way
JRSC 08 Si
3" pulley, aftercooler, ID1000's, Skunk2 Fuel Rail, IMW 3.5 intake, Invidia Header, Skunk 2 76mm exhaust, Mishimoto Rad and Thermo, Skunk 2 T/B. Just sent the manifold out to get ported and the venom cooler added by Stiegemeier!
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
667 Posts
Usually anything from 65-75 plots me in the 4s. 80 and up drops down to 395 or less even. I always run the car in 75 or less though. I also have 93 octane a lot of people are using 91 so my ignition maps are a lot better. I also had Vit run it a little leaner then he may with others but again that might be the fuel supporting it. But then again I'm no tuner lol.

·
VitTuned 4tw
13,661 Posts
His car is really healthy. He has one out of like maybe... 2 motors so far that has let me push the car as aggressively as we wanted to make the power. Most of the time the motors aren't as happy with me pushing it that hard and will knock badly... lol

So it goes back to the whole "every car is different" --> 360-380 is the norm, if you are lucky and land on a fantastic motor you'll get more power. That's the sum of it.

901 - 920 of 960 Posts