8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
i have to get the torque but this is my dyno : ) vibrant rch wit cat greddy evo 2 and k2 motors cold air intake this is a jrsc stop pulley it comes with,...

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
^ not bad numbers...I'm hoping to have mine there next week. I'm currently at 249.9 whp with CT Stage 2 3.15" pulley. I'm just upgrading the exhaust to 3" but for a little while i'll still have a 2.5 " header.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
yeah...with stock exhaust though...and the shop i go to told me his numbers are typically lower on his dyno than some shops. So if I can pick up 15 to 20 with the exhaust...I have a few other tricks to pull the rest out of the motor. I'll probably also take it to another shop and dyno it to compare.

His dyno originally showed me at 233 whp with the Hondata reflash...after he tuned it I was at 249.9 and 10'lbs of torque over the entire RPM band. I also just changed to a different header since I had a severe exhaust leak while it was in his shop. So I think that might have had an effect as well. All that is fixed now and I'll be running it again on Monday or Tuesday to get my new numbers.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
well I've seen some exhaust get between 15 and 20. So if that holds true with mine I should be up there in similar numbers. Just set my appt for Tuesday to run on his machine again so I'll know then.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah the dyno gotsndooks goes to reads low I put down 205 and 152 tq w bolt ons and flash pro there. Similar set ups I have seen almost 220 but I will say that the car runs amazing and my torque was super smooth I will try and post my dyno, on a side note also the 205 I put down was at 8000 rpm my limiter is 8600 and he said it was still making power so maybe 210ish

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
^ an intake and a header alone will work wonders for you. I had 188 with just those two mods. I wish I had done a bone stock run with mine like you did. At least you know where you are originally starting.

·
Registered
347 Posts
yeah...with stock exhaust though...and the shop i go to told me his numbers are typically lower on his dyno than some shops. So if I can pick up 15 to 20 with the exhaust...I have a few other tricks to pull the rest out of the motor. I'll probably also take it to another shop and dyno it to compare.

His dyno originally showed me at 233 whp with the Hondata reflash...after he tuned it I was at 249.9 and 10'lbs of torque over the entire RPM band. I also just changed to a different header since I had a severe exhaust leak while it was in his shop. So I think that might have had an effect as well. All that is fixed now and I'll be running it again on Monday or Tuesday to get my new numbers.
Is it a Mustang Dyno?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Is it possible to make 400hp with a supercharger?
Yes but not with the Eaton supercharger that come with the kits. You would need to upgrade to a Lysholm Twin Screw Supercharger that is able to push more air. You would also have to upgrade your cams. It is possible but your gonna work for it. Personally I think If you want 400hp just go turbocharged.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Yes but not with the Eaton superchargers that come with the kits. You would need to upgrade to a Lysholm Twin Screw Supercharger that is able to push more air. You would also have to upgrade your cams. It is possible but your gonna work for it. Personally I think If you want 400hp just go turbocharged.
I agree with that. The M62 is too small of a blower to make 400hp with.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
its a dynapack, which usually reads higher but IDK whats the case for his #'s specifically
he said it has to do a lot with the settings he uses. I'm gonna get some more info out of him on tuesday when I go back on the machine.

61 - 80 of 960 Posts