8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay i was driving today and did this pretty embarassing thing when pulling out of the parking lot. where everyone in the parking lot were car lovers ranging from drifters rallyers tuners etc..

but i was pulling out going slow and and went faster cause i saw a black si sedan. i was in first gear at 7000 rpm went to shift down and my hand slipped off the knob and the gear didnt go all the way in and came back out and i pressed on the gas and it made it seem like i missed the gear and over reved...

worst part... alot of them know me...
...sucks...

and then this car was going really slow so i went to pass him. in first gear and i forgot to shift and it hit rev limiter... that was embarrassing

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I've had so many, it is hard to recount all of them, but here goes: Back in 1974, I had a 1969 427 Corvette roadster, replete with lopey cam, off road headers that swept to the side of the car. It was a sharp looking car.

I went to the bank to make a deposit. I went to the drive thru. While I was waiting for the teller to take care of everything, I glanced over my right shoulder to see a very cute girl in a Camaro. She smiled at me and gave me a little wave. When I left the drive thru, my head and ego were inflated. I glanced over my shoulder again to take one more look at the cute girl and drove the car right into the side of the bank.

I knocked off the wheel cover on the left front wheel which caused it to fly off and roll in front of me in the parking lot. I looked back and the cute girl was laughing hysterically. I sheepishly got out of my Corvette, picked up the wheelcover and drove away in total embarrassment. The shame of it all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A couple of months ago I was on a curvy part of the road and was looking down for something and when I looked up the inside of the curve was approaching dangerously fast so I over-corrected and started fishtailing, felt like a spin-out was inevitable. In the rearview I noticed that the guy who was tailgating me a second earlier was shitting bricks. He got on his brakes but luckily my car saved my ass by staying planted, although I still looked like a douche to other drivers. That was the first real evasive driving test I had in my FG1 lol.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
I've had so many, it is hard to recount all of them, but here goes: Back in 1974, I had a 1969 427 Corvette roadster, replete with lopey cam, off road headers that swept to the side of the car. It was a sharp looking car.

I went to the bank to make a deposit. I went to the drive thru. While I was waiting for the teller to take care of everything, I glanced over my right shoulder to see a very cute girl in a Camaro. She smiled at me and gave me a little wave. When I left the drive thru, my head and ego were inflated. I glanced over my shoulder again to take one more look at the cute girl and drove the car right into the side of the bank.

I knocked off the wheel cover on the left front wheel which caused it to fly off and roll in front of me in the parking lot. I looked back and the cute girl was laughing hysterically. I sheepishly got out of my Corvette, picked up the wheelcover and drove away in total embarrassment. The shame of it all.

AHAHAHAHHAHA

REPPPPPPPP :thumb:

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
I had someones couch fall off there car, and hit me before. Do you know what i had to hear for 6 months in HS? " you hit a couch? "

haha..... fun times

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
^LOL reminds me of the time when i was walking across the parking lot in high school and somehow walked/bumped into a car. the old joke "you got hit by a parked car!"

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
... i bought a civic....

hahaha jk..

not too many bad moments yet... besides the stalling....
or... if talkin about pre-si...
the day after a huge snow storm me ma told me to go the the store and get some groceries...i go get the stuff and decide i wanna test out the capablities of the trailblazer... so i went on the lake to take a "shortcut" home... (actually just wanted to F around).. started out fast(very good ice driver :p)got up to about 50-55 and was cruzin along until i saw this HUGE snow drift... my first instincet was to brake becuase i didnt want to slide and flip the car over the big wall.. so... i slam the brakes and of course its ice so it does no good.. Hit the damn 4 foot snow drift.. snow is packed like shi(r)t all the way up to the frame.... i got out and panicked like crazy.. madman was kicking at the snow under my car... i was like wtf.. then i realized it was me :p then i get a call from my mom..
Mom: where are you...
Some Idiot: um... im still at the store...
Mom: well hurry up..
Village idiot: ok...
While kicking at the snow a snow mobile comes by and sees whats goin on.. i ask him if he can help me out somehow.. then he goes on about how he didn't even think about taking his raised truck with tires out on the lake.. so i begin to see that he is useless and resume kicking at the concrete under the car... after about 10-15 mins of kicking at the snow i see a guy playing around with his truck.. so naturally i flagged him down..20 minutes and 3 tow ropes later, i was freed from my icey grave... while he was goin back and forth tring to free the vehicle his friend stoped by to see what was goin on.(mostly just laghed at me) as we are drving back to the shore.... the guys friend and i got stuck once again... had to get yanked out another time(but this one wasn't half as bad..)

·
Registered
105 Posts
It must be the time when I picked up my then brand new 2006 Civic at the parking lot with my co-worker who drives a 91 Coscia. He recently got the car back from the shop after it dying on the highway. I tried the start the car cold, it couldn't start, he asked me if I needed a boost. I told him I would be okay, so I started 2nd time, car fired up. But I feel pretty embarrassed about it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
the other day I was turning left at a red light. I started in 1st and as I was turning I thought I (thought I) shifted into second, but I really put it into neutral. I was driving at about 15-20km/h so it was really embarrassing lol.

·
Banned
710 Posts
I was pulling out of my school lot. I was on first gear, after school, just cruising my way over to the exit. I have a skunk2 70mm catback and other mods so my si is loud. I look over to a total babe walking on the side walk. She's in my science class. She smiles at me, so I grinned back, then i gave her a wink, and I was supposed to roar out of there, but I ended up stalling the car right in front of her. Haha, I look back at it now and I laugh, that was the only time ive stalled my si.......

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
This is my first stick. So, anyway, me and a buddy were going to get some lunch on our break. I put it in neutral, started up the car, put it in first, talked about putting it in neutral so I won't accidentally stall it...

...then just let go of the clutch. Whoops. :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
my friend and i traded cars one time. he had an evo 9. we were messing around in his neighbor hood. we decided to head back so we bust a u-turn. he goes ahead of me then takes off with out waiting for me. so i go to make a u-turn but i couldnt make it all the way. So i go to put it in reverse.. but somehow i kept getting into 6th. I was messing with the shifter for like 10 mins trying to get intro reverse. My friend finally comes back laughing his head off. he tells me that i have to lift the knob at a certain spot in order to get into reverse. i felt so dumb.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I was 14 and had a paper route. It was the dead of winter, and my parents were gone for the weekend so I decided to take the family station wagon out to deliver the papers. I finished in record time, and my sister wasn't awake yet so I decided to go for quick joy ride around the block. I ended up beaching the family truckster into a 4 ft snow bank. I ran home to get a shovel, and with pure adrenaline pumping, I dug that beast out in about 10 minutes... The sun was coming up, so I was panicked that I was going to get caught. I actually went to my friends house and knocked on his window to come out and help me, but he never woke up. Anyway, I barely got the car in the garage before my sister woke up. I thought I pulled it off and the whole ordeal was over, but I forgot that I left the seat all the way back, the radio cranked and on the wrong station (not to mention all the caked on snow... lol.)... my sister busted me, and I got grounded for 2 weeks. lol. ahh, the memories.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts