8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see pictures from all those crazy bastards like myself who tore up their new car in hopes of an original interior design. I want Pictures of a true interior customization (Sorry but I've seen to many dead rest pedal add ons and a shift knob/boot change) I WANT MORE!! lol. you got em, post em i.e. Door Panels, Painted Trim, Seat Swaps, Headliner, Carpet etc... :eek:hsnap:

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
/l\
l Funny.... but I want pics of a complete interior not some shift knob and a boot swap... comeon now read a lil will ya?
apparently you didnt look past page 1...I posted mine in there and I have a light kit and door panel swap
As far as I know there hasnt been a complete swap...try searching just for seats or headliners.....I know there was a thread on 3 different headliners somewhere

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50697&highlight=headliner

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read most of the pages.... which is why i started this thread... my pics are pending and rendering, I have Door panel fabric swap, trim color swap, headliner swap, headliner slide door fabric swap, shift knob swap, front a pillar and rear quarter panel painted, interior dome light color change and still waiting to finish dash painting (I.C.E. pending gotta install the 7" Navi.) and trying to find upholster to inlay my seats with the same red carbon fiber style vinyl fabric that I did the doors and moonroof door with. This is what I am looking to see pics of. I just figured I'd put the ball in motion before I posted my pics.... thanks for the links though

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is SHGLBMX's Civic Si. It has a custom interior wrapped in faux carbon fiber, as well as a suede dash and a custom sound enclosure in the trunk. I don't know what page it's on because his thread is huge. :p Hope that helps!

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13199&highlight=shglbmx's+alabaster
Damn, I tried looking up them pics. I found the page but the pics wouldn't show :( I was looking forward to them too, sounds like my set up almost. Good looking out though C

·
Banned
710 Posts
Im not a ricer or anything, but u gotta admit, some of those Sparco racing seats or Recaro's are pretty cool. If I seen any I'll be sure to admire it, but i won't get'em bc theyre to riced for me.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too expensive for my taste, plus they are not that practical unless your running a harness. I've got some red carbon fiber style vinyl fabric that I am going to have an upholsterer inlay in the middle of each seat cushion.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am also working on putting the red door inserts for the door panels, and some accent lighting as soon as christmas break comes up...i'll have to update this post in a few weeks

anyway, the pics don't do it justice...
Now thas what Im talkin about. Nice Job man, Duplicolor?? I was gonna do the same thing, but instead im doin the dash Gloss Black and everythng else black and red. Thas hot :thumb:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
If he keeps working on this it could end up looking nice. I would do anything that has silver at that point and hit the upper speedo trim. It is a great start to a show interior.
I would love to see the steering wheel done on that.

UUUMMMM Coke...LOL.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I actually ripped the whole dash apart and stripped it down to the bare plastic trim, then I took it to a body shop and it was done professionally, color matched to Rally Red exactly.

i've always liked the way an accent painted interior looked, iono...i like it a lot, and i get a lot of compliments so, to each his own I guess.

but thanks for the feedback

like i said, i'm still working on doing more, just have to find the time.

i dont' really wish the tear down of the radio/ac unit on anyone, it was a major PITA!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually ripped the whole dash apart and stripped it down to the bare plastic trim, then I took it to a body shop and it was done professionally, color matched to Rally Red exactly.

i've always liked the way an accent painted interior looked, iono...i like it a lot, and i get a lot of compliments so, to each his own I guess.

but thanks for the feedback

like i said, i'm still working on doing more, just have to find the time.

i dont' really wish the tear down of the radio/ac unit on anyone, it was a major PITA!
I liked it man :thumb: Ill post my pics soon

·
Registered
41 Posts
At that angle, how does that radar detector work? Yes i know you can still detect and etc...but I don't think you are giving yourself the full benefit with that angle...

Straight and parallel is the best way to go, because every milisecond helps...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.