8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 3588 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
Man I would like a heavy metal shift knob but even my stock SI knob burns my hands....I can't imagine what an all metal one would do.
Its not the end of the world. Just have a sock or a wristband handy and keep it covered if the car is going to sit in the sun for a while. IMO a heavier shift knob is essential for a more positive shifting experience. The benefits far outweigh the negative.

·
Registered
407 Posts

I need a new shift boot.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Oem red stitching!. They r only like 30 or so bucks.

And I have a carbon fiber rep plastic shift knob that weighs almost nothing but I love how it feels when shifting. Really gotta throw it in. But since I got my exedy oe clutch replacement and updated cmc and smc shifting is like butter with even the non weighted shift knob

·
Registered
745 Posts
Oem red stitching!. They r only like 30 or so bucks.

And I have a carbon fiber rep plastic shift knob that weighs almost nothing but I love how it feels when shifting. Really gotta throw it in. But since I got my exedy oe clutch replacement and updated cmc and smc shifting is like butter with even the non weighted shift knob

That's actually what I had before I switched to the HR shifter! It wouldn't fit over the larger diameter of the new shifter.
I didn't really want to cut it to make it fit, but now I might just go ahead and do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sup everyone.. just bought and installed a pretty cool shift knob that I found on ebay.

Goes nicely with my interior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced my worn stock knob with this fantastic, genuine JDM knob. The boot was like $7 on Amazon, and I would highly HIGHLY recommend it to anyone needing a new boot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[/QUOTE]I've owned probably 10 shift knobs over the past 8 years and I'll be keeping this one probably forever. If you are good with a light weight it's real nice.[/QUOTE]

That's actually what made me go with the Type R knob. I really like the feel of a heavy knob.

3541 - 3560 of 3588 Posts
About this Discussion
3.6K Replies
1K Participants
TWM Performance
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing