8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3588 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the exact one and its awsome.

crazyj said:
Is the Skunk2 larger than the stock Si knob???

Not really. its a bit longer but not as wide. It is nice and heavy and smooth, you can literally tap it into neutral. I highly recomend it. I also bought a MoMo shifter it requiers for you to sand down the stick to make it fit right. but i didn't feel like doing that so i returned it. :thumb:

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Izzy said:
What's the stuff around it? Rubber?

Mine are attached. TWM Type-R knob. :)

Countersunk (a la Voodoo knobs) and Counterweighted (a la Skunk2)...the best of both worlds!

Rubber surround. I need a weighted knob although I didn't really want or need the completely metal knob. But I liked the black chrome so much I figured WTH. lol

·
Registered
637 Posts
dakoogoose said:
I have the exact one and its awsome.

Not really. its a bit longer but not as wide. It is nice and heavy and smooth, you can literally tap it into neutral. I highly recomend it. I also bought a MoMo shifter it requiers for you to sand down the stick to make it fit right. but i didn't feel like doing that so i returned it. :thumb:

Thanks for the info! I was looking at a momo knob, but im not gonna bust out my dremel to install something that simple!:pat:

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
crazyj said:
I like the OEM honda knob in the Si, but it gets hot as hell!!!! I never had a knob get so hot before in any of my other cars....
if you keep a sock in your car, put it over the knob when your not driving. it can still get hot, but not as hot, it may help in preventing some burns.:driving:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
skittleslegend said:
Rubber surround. I need a weighted knob although I didn't really want or need the completely metal knob. But I liked the black chrome so much I figured WTH. lol
heres that knob skittles (well the smaller weighted one but still.. black chrome).

i HAD the skunk2 one but it burnt the **** out of my hands during the summer.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
I've got a Voodoo and I love how short it is

but I want more weight so I just bought a Skunk 2 (haven't gotten it yet)

I have a Chrome Razo shifter like Skittles wants but I'm selling it because I never really cared for it.

Damn. Where can I get that TMW Type R knob? Counter sunk and weighted? How much does it weigh? I may get it and put the Skunk 2 up for sale.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
440g. TWMPerformance.com is their website. If you really like the ball-style shifter, they make those as well, and they're heavy and countersunk too. Check out the A6 Leopard.

They ARE a bit more expensive, but I personally think they're more than worth it.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
crazyj said:
Is the Skunk2 larger than the stock Si knob???
What size threads is that Skunk2 shift knob?

I like it!

One size on the Skunk2 website is 10 x 1.5 and the other is 12 x 1.25

??

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here is a pic i took just after i installed the knew boot. I didn't notice when i took the pic that the trim around the boot wasn't snapped on all the way, lol.

Its a voodoo shift knob with a spun aluminum finish, and a shift boot i bought off ebay for 10 bucks.

1 - 20 of 3588 Posts
About this Discussion
3.6K Replies
1K Participants
TWM Performance
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing