8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please post a pic of the 2008 si armrest. i hear it is double stiched in red

anyone have a pic?

·
Registered
642 Posts
can someone please post a pic of the 2008 si armrest. i hear it is double stiched in red

anyone have a pic?
it's not double stitched in the 2008 SI coupe and i'm 100% positive (was just in it 15 mins. ago), i think it's only for the SI sedan....and that may count for 07 and 08.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
the arm rest??? are you talking about the middle compartment where you can leave your arm on?

if so then yea its stiched in red i got an 07

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
its plastic...

front of seat = perferated sporty black cloth with black suede-ish trim on the side bolsters & the headrest all including red stitched trimwork.
back of seat = black plastic with moldings for your knees to sit comfortably in the back seat
center console/arm rest = same black suede-ish material with red stitch around the outline.
door-side arm rest = more of the same.

so far as i know with the Si trim of the Civics 2006, 2007, & 2008... ALL of them are exactly the same. the only sole difference to be honest is the shift boots:
2006 - 2007 = black fake leather like material, no stitch (its tucked inside the seams)
2008 - ...... = black genuine leather material with a north & south facing double-stitched red thread thruout.

i just recently swapped my stock '07 piece in favor of the more eye-pleasing '08 piece for all of $24 & change my price @ my Honda dealer i work for. retail is about $32ish ( FYI, there are 2 different part #s for the boots; be SURE to order the black shift boot part # tho, NOT the graphite black part # as it is NOT red stitched!!!). either way IMO, better than ANY aftermarket piece out there seriously. just my 2 cents.

hope that clears the confusion presented within this thread... :waiting:

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
i just recently swapped my stock '07 piece in favor of the more eye-pleasing '08 piece for all of $24 & change my price @ my Honda dealer i work for. retail is about $32ish ( FYI, there are 2 different part #s for the boots; be SURE to order the black shift boot part # tho, NOT the graphite black part # as it is NOT red stitched!!!). either way IMO, better than ANY aftermarket piece out there seriously. just my 2 cents.
can we get a part# for this? everyone i look up online has the same number as the 06 shift boot and they both say "black" in the color

1 - 20 of 33 Posts