8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have finished sound deadening the passenger door. With the door panel off I found a location for the tweeter in the door that would work. Has anyone installed in this location?

Anyone have comments as to how this location would work?

This location would be much easier than mounting the pillar.

It is hard to see but I used paint to put a circle on the proposed location in the image.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
hmmm... odd location IMO. you'd have to build it out to get a true flat location to mount or 'glass in some work to make it look OEM. Also, it'd aim down and at your hips a bit as I see it. I'd stick it higher in the door, low in the door (on the curve aiming up off the mid) or go in the A-pillar. I'm personally going for the pillar.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I think I will go a-pillar as well. I am just not looking forward to having to fish all the wire.

So I have a quick question regarding adding ensolite (RAAM) to the doors. I added one layer. Has anyone out there added more than one layer? I am not sure if the door will fit on with more than one layer.

The reason I ask is that the ensolite is a little thinner (and seemingly lower density than I thought it would be). I have my doubts that one layer of ensolite will do a very good job eliminated low frequency noise.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I put my tweeter in my door in my older car and I loved the sound as I did not like them when placed up in the a-pillars.

The only way to tell where the tweeters sounds the best is good old two sided tape as there is no end all be all for palcement as your preference wont be the same as the next person, so on and so fourth.

·
Registered
378 Posts
this is the best location I've found. I tried a lot of locations listening for the best stage and imaging. The A-pillars are, by far, the best location. If you put the tweeters in teh door it sounds like they are coming from behind you.

Try this instead

·
Registered
378 Posts
if you look at the driver's door when closed, look at the door location where you want to put your tweeter. there would be very little room for the tweeter or dispersion. if you really want the tweeter in the door, consider putting up higher, but I seriously recommend that you either use the stock location (which will cause all kinds of splash from the front glass) or use the A-pillar. Replacement pillars are only $27 each from Honda

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
^ they're even cheaper online. I believe I paid $35 shipped for a set of new pillars.

is that the morel mt23, Jay? I'm actually trying to hunt down a used set of those for testing. I'll be trying alpine f1 tweeters, scan illum d2004, the mt23’s and maybe hybrid l1 pros (since a guy is going to let me borrow a set for testing).

In regard to this thread, I plan to test various locations for each of the tweeters. I’ll try to jot down notes for everything and post back here if I have the time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Erin, those are the MT23. They sound absolutely incredible off axis... since I don't have active processing I've had to mess with it using the balance... I found a sweet spot at 5 of 22 points to the right. I also turned my subs way down, and got the rear pull from them gone. My midbass are tuned low enough that I can get 38Hz up front. Even with the tweeters up high. The midbass and tweeters are equidistant to my ear, so I don't get location variances

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.