8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the same problem on the driver's side. The noise was hard to find, but found out that it was comming from the belt bukle. I covered the seats with plastic and Over-sprayed the buckle with tons of dry lubricant and that it fixed the problem righ away.

·
Registered
397 Posts
So I think I fixed, well drastically reduced, the rattling in my 2007 Si. I unbolted the passenger seat yesterday and found that some of my noise was coming from the front adjuster bar rattling against the 2 seat rails. The adjuster bar has a lot of play in it and whenever I was going over a bump it was making a metal on metal rattle.

Honda actually tried to deaden the sound by wrapping the ends of the bar in felt material, but it is not enough. As you can see in the photos, I took some 5/8 thick sound deadened material (you could use weather stripping however) and wrapped it around the bar ends where they contact the side rails. I then put a zip tie around the sound deadener to make sure it would not fall off. The result is the metal rattle is gone, however I still get some sound from the seat, it is due to other poor design issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you Con brio! I have a 2014 civic that started rattling after owning it for just one month. Simple fix, but I don't think I ever would have figured it out.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've tried tightening my bolts with no success. So I'm guessing I have a broken weld somewheres. I'm going to try removing the seat in the spring and tightening every bolt I can get to and if I can find the broken weld I'll get my buddy to weld it. I've had my entire suspension looked at, exhaust looked at, basically anything that can rattle I've had looked at and still I have a metal on metal rattle on the passenger side. Drives me nuts. I'm defiantly going to try wrapping the seat adjustment bar and if that helps! Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
626 Posts
The infamous rattle has been solved and it was a whole lot easier than expected! I was detailing my car and I tapped on the front fender, it made the noise! Turns out the splash shield that hooks into the back part of the fender. Hooked it back in, car is as quiet as new!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
My coupe recently developed a squeeking noise that seems to be coming from the seat. Hopefully tightening these bolts help, but it appears pretty randomly, even with a passenger in the seat.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My coupe recently developed a squeeking noise that seems to be coming from the seat. Hopefully tightening these bolts help, but it appears pretty randomly, even with a passenger in the seat.
Yes, same. I have the squeak as well as the rattle. And it squeaks whether driving or idling.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts