8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aite here i go. I have 06 Si and had Injen CAI and Skunk2 Exhaust. Whenever it rains hard, my car will make this clunking noise while moving or in idle. So I figured it was the intake taking in water possibly so I switched to Fujita SRI. Other day it rained hard and started to make noise again. To be specific, it sounds like gurping sound with metal sound. I can't think of any but possible exhaust leak. But my gasket and nuts are tight and aligned. Is it possible for exhaust to make that noise when it gets water in there? please feel free to give your opinions.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
maby i meen any thing is possible but my fujita f5 cai in my dc5 doesnt make that nois so i no its not the intake is it wen the car is moving or on idle

·
Premium Member
13,470 Posts
hmmmm.... is it almost as if your loosing a cylinder?, that sounds like a chugging...

perhaps you are getting water in the spark tubes and its grounding out the plug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.