8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 Si (black). It currently has 94k miles, and has been flawless for the most part. But I am having one issue with the car, which is first start up (cold start) the car won’t go into VTEC and my cruise control doesn’t work. But if I let it get to temp, shut it off, and then restart everything works great. It does have a light on (o2 sensor, cam position when scanned). The o2 is because of the auto meter wideband. Any suggestions as to where to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About a month now. The battery is 7 years old but I don’t see how that could cause my issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't know enough to say that this will cause your problem, but I know the cam position sensor will send most cars into a limp mode, which would absolutely prevent VTEC from kicking in, yo. I would look for root cause on that because even if the sensor is fine the code itself could be causing your problem. It should be a cheap part, and I've known enough people who had to replace them that I would probably give it a try unless you've already had it looked at

1 - 5 of 5 Posts