8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
13,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PC 7424 w/ adapter, pads, polishes, meguiars bag- $180 shipped

Used once to get rid of the swirls on my car. Worked great. Dont need it anymore.

3- Polishing Pads
3- Finishing Pads
1 New 105 and the other is about half way full
M205 is about half way full

you know you want that bag. :fanboy:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is this the 7424 XP version? And how well did it take away your swirls? I have swirls all over the car from a crappy wash bay broom.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
It is the dual action polisher.. what you're thinking of is a rotary, which this is not. Totally safe unless you throw it at the car or something

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
8thcivic makes me mad, this is allowed to sell but a camera mount for a car (autox, drag videos) is NOT?! eff 8th's bullshit rules

·
Banned
13,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since this is not the dual action, were you worried about taking off your clear coat?
It is the dual action polisher.. what you're thinking of is a rotary, which this is not. Totally safe unless you throw it at the car or something
plus i was told at meguiars you need to take a small percentage of clear coat off in order to remove the swirls.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
True true, you have to remove clear if you want to remove scratches. It's just not done so rapidly that you'll ruin your paint in a second like you can with a rotary burning through paint.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
i think i have the version after this and i accidentallyh burned through my paint....I was waxing my car and playing outside my daughter slipped so i was trying to look at her and forgot i still had the machine in my hand so i took off a little bit of paint from my hood.....FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!....i love the machine thought AWSOME!!!!!!! MEGUIARS FTW!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts