8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's got its sights set on beating the Veyron.

Engineers at 9ff have the Bugatti Veyron clearly in their sights with their new Porsche GT9 set to enter the record books as the world's fastest production car with a claimed top speed in excess of 407km/h(250mph). As far as production cars go, the GT9 is about as exclusive as it gets, with only 20 examples expected to see the light and each priced at £592,620 ($853,634).

Although the car is loosely based on a Porsche 911, its mechanical package has been totally revised. Ditching the 911's rear-engine layout, 9ff engineers created a custom mid-mounted engine design utilizing the tuner's twin-turbo 4.2L flat-six engine.
The 911 GT3 body, on which it ¡s based, has also been stretched by300mm and has had the roof lowered by 120mm to maximize downforce at high speeds. Thanks to carbon-fiber and Kevlar construction, the entire vehicle will weigh in at just 1,326kg.
The car was recently on display at the Essen Motor Show in Germany,where officials revealed some of the final specs. The engine features titanium con-rods and forged pistons, which was necessary to handle the987hp output. Peak torque of 964Nm falls between 5,970 and 7,850rpm.

·
Partymember 101
445 Posts
That rear end is wtf?! I love porsches, don't get me wrong, but this car, even if it does beat the veyron, isn't good enough to be "better" than it.

Good call on rims, another wtf?

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
yeah but it doesn't look like a cover/plate... it really does look photochopped!

my only guess would be its got one of those clear plates on it like your car has a the dealership before its prepped

but not being able to see the rotor or the brake pad???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.