8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my car makes weird noises sometimes. I'm having a hard time isolating it. So here's my short story:

When I first got the car (<600 miles), it would make this dit-dit-dit-dit-dit tapping at low speed. It came from the back seat. I took it in, and the guy said that it was the bushing on the rear shock, that it wasn't being compressed by the shock and that it was rattling around. He ground down the shock threading and said it should be fine.

:shady:
:shady:​
:shady:​

So then I got in an accident. They had to replace my driver's side front suspension.

But now, I have new noises. For example, when I park my car (on my inclined driveway) and pull my e-Brake, put it in park, and turn the car off, I hear dump . . . dump . . . dump from the trunk area.

Also, when I turn at low speed, I hear a kind of grumbling tapping. Seems to be coming from the passenger side.

Is there a problem with all my original bushings, you think? Was the mechanic BS'ing me? Shouldn't he have replaced the bushings?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
cars are never the same after accidents....
Yeah, just what I didn't want to hear. The only thing that makes me feel better is that my car performed much better than the 325Ci that hit me. Their airbags didn't even deploy, though they plowed into me.

About the bushings, is there a way I can check this myself? Or do I have to take it in and try and reproduce it for them? I dread doing that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know what, that's probably right! I just realized it only does it when I forget to pull the E-Brake. And the car's not moving when it does it. Lol . . . sloshing fuel.

So, to check the bushings on the shocks in front, do I need to remove the tires, or is it at the top (strut tower)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts