8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed my springs and I'm getting this popping sound on both sides in the front when I turn (either way) and on bumps (any kind small or big)

What's causing this?

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well took it back apart....is the arrow on the top hat supposed to face towards me or away?

Also when putting the spring back into the top "spring seat" are you supposed to make twist all the way around?

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok cool, both arrows are now facing the engine and I also torqued everything down to fct. spec this time lol.... I think also had both the top and bottom spring seat on wrong :pat:

It's too damn cold and dark right now, but test drive comes t/m.

Would that cause it to make popping noises?

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Wait until they settle... Mine popped for a goot 1,000 miles

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chase said:
Wait until they settle... Mine popped for a goot 1,000 miles
Did they pop like how mine was? Or only some times?

We'll see t/m I guess :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
most of the time I could only hear it when I was stopped or going slow. Mine was only the left side but it went away when the springs settled..

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine started on the left side, then after couple minutes it was both sides. But I only drove around in my neighborhood so I was going 10-15mph max.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
asdf said:
Mine started on the left side, then after couple minutes it was both sides. But I only drove around in my neighborhood so I was going 10-15mph max.
Yeah that's an install error. Do you have the factory service manual? If you don't you should. Everything torqued properly?

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cation said:
Yeah that's an install error. Do you have the factory service manual? If you don't you should. Everything torqued properly?
I've been looking for a Helms manual lately...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
asdf said:
I've been looking for a Helms manual lately...
Yeah man. Chalk it up to experience once you pull it all apart and do it again the right way. It'll all come together. We've all been there before man, and anyone that tells you they haven't is full of ****! Let us know how it pans out. :wavey:

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i guess ill update on this. took it for a test drive this morning and everything is good now. alignment comes t/m hopefully :thumb:

thanks for the help guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.