8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

421 - 440 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
My 07 Si sedan does when Im in the driveway pulling in or pulling out but not there for very long to really care. I am still waiting on getting my hood and fenders repainted for free(the NHBP recall)

·
Registered
177 Posts
My 07 Si sedan does when Im in the driveway pulling in or pulling out but not there for very long to really care. I am still waiting on getting my hood and fenders repainted for free(the NHBP recall)
Okay.... What recall is that? When you post, it's nice to include hints or links! You know, something that makes it so we need not be detectives! :eek:hsnap::haybunny::dance::bunny::badger:

·
Registered
107 Posts
my car just started doing this. when i accelerate from a stop and recently turning i hear a knock on the front driverside. and you feel the knock on your feet. i raised the car but i didnt see anything bad. mounts joints everything tight. i started thinking about the shock but didnt have time to check it

·
Registered
177 Posts
my car just started doing this. when i accelerate from a stop and recently turning i hear a knock on the front driverside. and you feel the knock on your feet. i raised the car but i didnt see anything bad. mounts joints everything tight. i started thinking about the shock but didnt have time to check it
Read the thread through; my car simply doesn't do this anymore... :deadhorse:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Check your tire pressure, mine were a little low and the popping was really loud when turning the wheel at a stop, filled them back up to 32 and it is virtually gone.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fixed mine. Loosened the drivers front shock and re tightened it with my air gun. Also tightened a few brackets next to the shock. Finally! !!!! No more loud ass clunking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a 2006 Honda Civic DX-G Coupe for our daughter with 133,366 Km on it from the local Honda dealer. 2 weeks ago. We noticed this pop when slowly turning to back into the garage from the alley and also going forward and turning to exit the driveway
Took the car back to the dealer within the first week to let them listen and they agreed to fix under the TSB for front bump stop repair to struts
Took a week to get the parts in
Dropped the car off Friday and picked up Saturday, it took Honda 3.5 hours which also included a wheel alignment and the pop is gone at no additional cost to me

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fixed mine. Loosened the drivers front shock and re tightened it with my air gun. Also tightened a few brackets next to the shock. Finally! !!!! No more loud ass clunking.
I'm going to have to try this soon.

Good thing the TSB lists the PNs.

421 - 440 of 454 Posts