8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

401 - 420 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i have the same problem. i have Tokico Shocks and Prokit springs. I am soo annoyed with this noise and problem i just wanna get it done and fixed. Please if anyone has info on this to repair please let me know. PM me or call/text 5514867159. i had enough with this problem so i will do anything to fix this. Thanks Alfredo

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
went to honda today and showed them the TSB. they were gunna charge me 66 bucks to retorque the bolts in the gear box and wanted to charge me over 200 to change out the bumpstops. And they didnt guarantee that it will stop the noise. F**** honda!! I am deff trading this piece of s*** for much better car. SMH honda (n)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had the popping problem too on my 09 Si sedan. My local dealership actually brought up the TSB a couple weeks ago when I took it in for service and described the issue. We scheduled an appt, took the car back in, they replaced it and I spent $0. Things were good for a week, but I recently have a new problem.

When I turn right (only right) there is a loud rubbing sound. Have another appt scheduled for them to look at that. :/ Don't know if it is related to the bump stop replacement or coincidence, but the sound definitely wasnt there until after the 'fix.'

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had the popping problem too on my 09 Si sedan. My local dealership actually brought up the TSB a couple weeks ago when I took it in for service and described the issue. We scheduled an appt, took the car back in, they replaced it and I spent $0. Things were good for a week, but I recently have a new problem.

When I turn right (only right) there is a loud rubbing sound. Have another appt scheduled for them to look at that. :/ Don't know if it is related to the bump stop replacement or coincidence, but the sound definitely wasnt there until after the 'fix.'
I have this same issue but it was right after a clutch replacement... I am guessing it has something to do with the suspension or the bolts that whole the steering terminals and axle... Because it gradually got louder as it got more loose it seems. If you get a solution from honda about this noise please let me know via PM as I had a friend mechanic check it and he couldn't find the cause... And I don't have warranty no more so Honda will probably rape my pocket to get the noise fix even if its re-tightening some bolts...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have this same issue but it was right after a clutch replacement... I am guessing it has something to do with the suspension or the bolts that whole the steering terminals and axle... Because it gradually got louder as it got more loose it seems. If you get a solution from honda about this noise please let me know via PM as I had a friend mechanic check it and he couldn't find the cause... And I don't have warranty no more so Honda will probably rape my pocket to get the noise fix even if its re-tightening some bolts...
Just got it fixed yesterday. The rubbing sound was coming from the power steering. Thankfully, I was still under warranty so it was replaced fo free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 Civic EX with 65K miles on it. My side motor mount is broken and I would like to get this fixed under a TSB if possible?

Doing some research online, I saw news about TSB 06-060 on different websites, but I was not able to find anything about TSB 06-060 on the NHSTA website. Is it still possible to get this repaired covered by Honda?

·
Registered
74 Posts
2009 Si Sedan. A buddy of mine with an identical vehicle said that all he did was climb under the front and torque a fastener or two on the steering rack and he was pop free. My car has been making this noise for three years! By chance it was never replicated at a dealer, granted now the car has some miles on it...and it does it every single day, I suppose now would be a good time to let the stealership take a look at my ride? (I hope my extended warranty helps with not having to pay for this minor but extremely annoying defect)

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Nice find! i gotta go into stealership soon anyways to get them to fix my 100% stock radio, which no longer ejects discs... guess ill tel em to fix that clunking too...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. I had that problem 2 months ago. It's the BUMP STOP in front suspension is broken. Fortunately it's covered by Honda Care.

401 - 420 of 454 Posts