8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since it was new, my Civic (07 EX coupe) has had a slight fitment problem with the plastic trim on the cowl cover surrounding the driver's side windshield wiper. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about this, and I don't really care except for the occasional times when I notice it and it irritates me.

Essentially, the small tab that's supposed to fit under the metal at the bottom of the A pillar doesn't quite reach where it's supposed to go. It's almost like one of the trim pieces is more narrow than it's supposed to be. The passenger side fits correctly.

I wanted to see if any other members have this issue. I know it's not like this on all Civics. It's not a big deal but it seems a little weird. I haven't tried removing the piece to reposition it because it doesn't seem like that would work given how it clips onto the windshield and given that it's positioned correctly right up against the center cowl cover piece.

Here's a picture. Forgive the quality. You can see the tab clearly, about 1/16" away from where it's supposed to be:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what that's supposed to mean. All mass-produced cars have occasional slight fitment issues...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Not sure what that's supposed to mean. All mass-produced cars have occasional slight fitment issues...
That's what he said, Honda aka mass-produced. I don't have this particular fitment issue, but I got a couple of others (the car is less than 2,500 miles, 2008 EX) namely some of the interior plastic panels do not fit smugly, and no, no wiring for aftermarket alarm/sound was done, it was like this from the beginning.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bringing back an old thread thought it be better then starting one.
Any way to fix this my passenger side is the same way bothers me alot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts