8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

do you have to pay back the person who bought your si?

• somebody bought my si in a single payment for me, but i'm paying them back.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • same as #1, but don't have to pay.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • somebody is making payments on my si, but i'm paying them back

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • same as #3, but don't have to pay.

Votes: 6 17.6%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i searched and i searched, and i can't figure out how to add a poll! i've added several polls before, it's just been a while. i could have sworn it was in the 'additional options' section.

anyways, i made the following poll because i'm curious how many people bought their car in one payment, and how many people don't have to pay for their car. if i only knew how to add a poll, i could make this anonymous.

choose one of the following:

1. somebody bought my si in a single payment for me, but i'm paying them back.

2. same as #1, but don't have to pay.

3. somebody is making payments on my si, but i'm paying them back.

4. same as #3, but don't have to pay.

if you're confused..
this thread/poll is for people who DIDN'T buy their si 100% on their own from the start. meaning you DIDN'T walk into a dealership and handle everything on your own. maybe the title isn't even in your name. i simply want to know how many people are flat out spoiled vs. how many people are just trying to get around paying interest, and/or don't have the money to keep up payments right now. i thought this was obvious. i think i confused people by the payment part (#3 and #4), but that was just an extra i wanted to throw in. i guess i should have kept the latter 2 out.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
this thread is over my head. But for what its worth.. yes i paid for my civic in a single payment called the bank financing. i pay them for 60 months and they paid off my car in 1 payment to the the dealer hehe..

im really trying to understand the options for the poll OP can you give more input!

what is the answer you want.. My mommie paid for my car and im not paying her back.. cause i have been there and done that. But my parents taught me to understand the value of a dollar and work hard for it..

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yeah, I don't really get this thread?

Paying off on my own, ftw?
this thread/poll is for people who DIDN'T buy their si 100% on their own. i simply want to know how many people are flat out spoiled, and how many people are just trying to get around paying interest. i thought that was obvious. i think i confused people by the payment part (#3 and #4), but that was just an extra i wanted to throw in.

gotta be VIP to add a poll :thumb:

I added one for you.
since when? thanks.

I am having trouble understanding what you are asking. Are you saying that someone paid for your SI, in full, and that you are asking us if you should pack them back?

What do you think?
no. i don't know why this is so hard to understand. this is for people who aren't 100% in charge of making sure their car gets paid off. meaning, if you went into the dealership by yourself, worked out a financing plan, and have to keep up the payments or you will lose your car, then this is NOT for you.

this thread is over my head. But for what its worth.. yes i paid for my civic in a single payment called the bank financing. i pay them for 60 months and they paid off my car in 1 payment to the the dealer hehe..

im really trying to understand the options for the poll OP can you give more input!

what is the answer you want.. My mommie paid for my car and im not paying her back.. cause i have been there and done that. But my parents taught me to understand the value of a dollar and work hard for it..
ok, but paying $1000+ in interest somehow helps you? i don't think so. anyways, read below.

is this thread directed toward the 16-19 y/o's on this site?
it will turn out this way, yes. but also because i'm tired of people assuming that because my dad bought the car, that it was some spoiled kids present, and i don't have to pay him back. from what i can see, the majority assume that "my parents bought the car", means it was a free present. i'm trying to see if this is true, which i don't think it is; i think most people that have help have to pay that person back.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yeah, I don't really get this thread?

Paying off on my own, ftw?
paying interest ftl? losing your car because you lost your job ftl?

to all the haters, please don't turn this into a flame fest. in fact, it's best you don't even read this thread if you're working real hard to keep your car, and will lose it if you lose your job, because it will just anger you. i know it would anger me. just because somebody says they had their car bought for them doesn't mean it's free. i believe most of us still have to pay for the car, even if our parents bought it for us. let's see if that's right. basically i'm trying to kill the stereotypes surrounding "my parents bought it".

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.