8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys... guess what,

did up my kill switch panel, with cf autometer a/f ratio, fan switches and launch control.
top panel with do-luck vtec indicator on the left, defi water temp and oil temp, & pivot shift lamp on the right.

here comes the main course. rpm cluster modified to work ap1 s2000 cluster.

it's done...

here it comes... half way wiring up...

:woowoo:

more pics of my ride.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/introduction-pictures/138214-my-civic.html

and the cluster has a very nice fitting into the panel itself. will have more pics up.

the stock rpm cluster is about 11 inchs. the s2k ap1 cluster is about 11.5"

so fitment wise, brushing off the 2 side ends that has no lights or any function, it's as if it was made for the civic. =p

haven seen anyone with this as yet. not anywhere on the globe. hope i'm a kick starter. =p

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek:mg: Yowsers!

This site needs a build like this. I thank you for sharing it and beg that continue to share it with us.

it's currently being wired up by my workshop. i'm nuts over electronics.

but will try to get more info. but the biggest problem i'm having, is the pin out diagram for the fd2 cluster.

so will have to slowly trace the wires. as it is now, the speed and rpm is up and running. still left with my engine check light, the gas and engine temp.

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
I've seen a set up like this before. Wasn't there a picture of some kind of Civic Type whatever concept that featured an S2000 type RPM cluster fitted where we have our speedo, and the speedo was where our civics have the RPM gauge. IT looked really good. Im too lazy to search for the picture

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
OMG that's SICK! Props for being different! I saw someone do this in an RSX-S and it looks SWEET too. I wanna see some finished pics for sure!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've seen a set up like this before. Wasn't there a picture of some kind of Civic Type whatever concept that featured an S2000 type RPM cluster fitted where we have our speedo, and the speedo was where our civics have the RPM gauge. IT looked really good. Im too lazy to search for the picture
it's the pic u're taking about? i prefer having a cleaner interior without anything sticking out. used to have a load of defi's. but decided to go with this.

and the needle on the rpm wasnt something i really liked, so i went for the
ap1's cluster to have lights running from 0-9000 rpm. no needles except for the classic defi's. :dance:

·
Registered
419 Posts
In the sea of nearly identical "customized" Si's (including mine) its great to see something really different.

:thumb: for you!

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I've been wanting to see this for quite some time... Very nice man, two :thumb: up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts