8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an alternate way to pneumatically open our hoods and will be making a prototype within a few weeks.

Question for you civic enthusiasts
1. How important is it to not have to drill numerous holes to the hood and body?
2. If the brackets were aircraft grade aluminium and not anodized (but bead blasted ready for painting) is that acceptable
3. Is the existing opening of the hood angle (with kickstand :) ) sufficient - if not how much more

thanks

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
1. no drilling of the hood or body. im sure there is a mounting point that can be used.
2. bead blasted aluminum is fine, butmaybe an option of powdercoated would be nice.
3. which angle? there are 2 angles that the hood can be held open with the kickstand (i usually go with the lower angle).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
1. no drilling of the hood or body. im sure there is a mounting point that can be used.
2. bead blasted aluminum is fine, butmaybe an option of powdercoated would be nice.
3. which angle? there are 2 angles that the hood can be held open with the kickstand (i usually go with the lower angle).
Unfortunately i cant find an easy mounting point
the other issue is the hood curves to the center hence even more limiting
If you can find 2 points (1x on hood at least 10" away from hinge and 1x on body at least 4" from hinge but less than distance used to hood) Ill make you one set

powdercoat is great but costly to make so many different colors and stock it.

i am not aware of 2 angles for the hood prop (kickstand)
I have a sedan LX - that may explain why the difference

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
goixiz said:
Do you know anyone that has that ?
I have a feeling that you need to drill - AND thats one thing I would rather not do to the car
Not everyone is so mechanically inclined

I have to go home to check if the hood is aluminium or steel
I have that lift. I love it. 2 small holes are drilled into the hood for the upper bracket and one existing hole is enlarged for the lower ball stud. No big deal really.

The hood is steel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts