8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am gonna take a shot and ask if anyone is or knows anyone parting out a PMM honda civic sedan. I have a 2009 DX-G and want to change the housings on my side mirrors from Black to the body colour.

If not I am going to order them from College Hills Honda. I am just concerned I will not get the base (The part that sticks on the door and then the mirror connects too)
All the dealerships I have asked said the bases for the mirrors do not come when you order just the housings, however when I emailed Honda Canada they said it did. If anyone knows exactly what the answer is, please let me know.

Im in the Lower Mainland.

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought my housing from chh for my dxg gg color. Basically theyll give two options one would be just the housing itself just the "cup" which is cheap or u can order the whole housing which includes the motorized mirrors. Btw is it for a coupe or sedan? I bought my housin for. Sedan and it did not come with the neck piece for the mirror housing. I mever got the chNce to put em on, I would sell you my housing they are brand new even the door handles to replace the cheap black ones for dirt cheap but u dont have gg civic :) also u can see the parts at chh parts catalouge

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called CHH a couple weeks ago. The guy wasnt very helpful but he said he believes they dont.

ricepowered1 i have a sedan. I dont need a full new mirror I just want the housings.

I think i might just order them and if the neck or base or whatever its called is black it wont be a big deal. If my car was TW then maybe it would make a difference but the black blends with the grey.

Do you guys think leaving the base or neck black would look ok with colour matched mirror housings? I know on the 2012 civics they do that.

I want opinions before I order them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bought my housing from chh for my dxg gg color. Basically theyll give two options one would be just the housing itself just the "cup" which is cheap or u can order the whole housing which includes the motorized mirrors. Btw is it for a coupe or sedan? I bought my housin for. Sedan and it did not come with the neck piece for the mirror housing. I mever got the chNce to put em on, I would sell you my housing they are brand new even the door handles to replace the cheap black ones for dirt cheap but u dont have gg civic :) also u can see the parts at chh parts catalouge
How much were they?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much were they?
For the Sedan, just the housings are $28.99 for each side I believe. I will have to go back and check. But when I got the quote including shipping it was $83.00 and shipping was $20

For a whole new mirror I believe it was 225.00

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought about swapping my DXG coupe mirror ever since I bought the car
but I gave up
simply too much work involve
I ended up putting on cf sticky on the mirror shell
if you swap it, can you post a DIY please

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about swapping my DXG coupe mirror ever since I bought the car
but I gave up
simply too much work involve
I ended up putting on cf sticky on the mirror shell
if you swap it, can you post a DIY please
Yea I will see what I can do. I am not sure when I am going to do the swap. The weather is still crappy here in Vancouver so I am going to wait till there are some nice sunny days.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you need help, I can help you to do the swap
because I want to learn how to do it
Ill let you know what is going on. I just realized you are from the Vancouver area as well.
My buddy used to work in the service department at Honda but is now at Audi and he said he could help. You have the coupe right? I dont know how you would change the side mirrors on that. The sedan you take off the interior door paneling and undo a screw or two. But the coupes mirror isnt connected the same. Im sure it wouldnt be that hard tho.

·
Registered
129 Posts
yes, I have the coupe
I am not sure how to do it
sounds very complicated
I help out some of my friends doing MODS before
if I have time I will help out.
thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
bump, anyone have more infooo ... or anyone tried painting them? I heard someone tried in this forum but I can't find his thread anymore :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A friend of mine owns a mustang and got his black side mirrors painted silver. They turned out really nice. A guy in white rock did it. I can get the name of the place.

I am contemplating just getting them painted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
$100 is OK to me
but can he match the Honda silver color?
does he need to remove the mirror to paint?
do we need to leave the car at his place for it to dry up?
I guess we can't drive away if the paint is still wet...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
$100 is OK to me
but can he match the Honda silver color?
does he need to remove the mirror to paint?
do we need to leave the car at his place for it to dry up?
I guess we can't drive away if the paint is still wet...

Yea 100 is fine to me too. I believe they have the computer matching technology. My friend said they got the colour right on where as the other place it was off a few shades. Sounds like a good place

My mom is getting her car fixed at an ICBC repair shop due to the fact she was rear ended. I am going to see how well they can match the colour to OEM kia paint. If they do a good job I will go to them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts