8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I have a 09 Honda Civic Si; has standard bolt ons with a flashpro tune (I forget the tuner's name; it was 2015). As of now the car is tuned (flashpro) with the PLM exhaust header attached, but it seems to have some hairline cracks and/or cracking around the top of the header where it attaches to the head. For pure luck's sake; I attempted to use some jb weld (high temp) and it seemed to hold for a little while, but I already knew that doing that with an exhaust header was just a prevention of disappointment.

That all said, I'm really debating on putting my stock exhaust manifold back on and just running a stock header/cat with an exhaust and intake. I'm debating on getting another exhaust header, but my spirited driving days are just about over for where I live and what's actually available to enjoy the car.

The only cons I can think of (which is why I'm asking and being long winded lol) is that i'll lost 10hp give or take and maybe a retune. You all think a retune would be necessary or at least go back to a stock baseline tune from hondata? Losing power sucks, but having that 'tutututututututuh' sound at low rpm is rather obnoxious lol....

On a good note; the exhaust seems to seal up somewhat when it gets heated up; but with city driving and knocking down less than 200 miles a week; i hear the exhaust leak more than I hear the beauty of the exhaust; particularly so on the inside of the car.

Anywho, any thoughts? anybody else have to either replace the header or put the stock manifold back on?

This is my first post; I hope this is sufficient. Thanks for the help gents

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you run a lower engine mount? PLM says you dont need it like with the Skunk2 header, but I got it and kinda miss the smooth and vibration-free ride I had before the PLM. I would get your PLM welded, but that's just me. Maybe you got your fun with it and want to try the Skunk2. I thought the stock header made best power under 2krpm. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts