8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please list US dealer which sell car to Canadian close to the Ontario?

It could be a big help. Esp for Honda. Like to buy a Civic SI sedan from the border.

Thanks
KK

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
I would suggest you go to the Honda website, type in the zip code of the nearest border crossing to you, get the dealer info and call them..

I hear the process is significantly easier with used car though.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
any US honda dealer will sell it to us canadians, but just remember your warranty will not be honored by Honda Canada.

They are one of FEW that wont.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
who gives a damm its 8-9g's less, even if you factor in the taxes at the border.

I would make arrangments first, then get a bank loan/cash and bring it with you and pay it right there...

I paid 31500 feb 2006, you guys?... well its 19 in the states... F!#@ the USA-dians with there damm cheap prices...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
DumbasSi said:
Not as easy as some people think. It violates the franchise agreements of some dealerships in the US.
http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/270299
yup...taken from the artical;

"I tried buying a Honda vehicle from the U.S. to save $5,000 to $10,000 but the dealerships from New Hampshire to North Carolina in the east and from Washington to California in the west refused to sell to Canadians," said Bernard Au of Toronto. "Dealers claimed that Honda U.S. had threatened to close down their dealership if they do sell new vehicles to Canadians."

·
Registered
141 Posts
It is against American Honda dealers Honda Automobile Sales and Service Agreement and American Honda's longstanding policies and procedures to sell new Honda vehicles to non-US customers who intend to operate the vehicles in another country.

Honda vehicles intended for sale in the US may not comply with various safety, emissions, or other law or regulations in other countries.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I intent to buy a Si Sedan from US, MSRP is only $22000. Not just the price; US SI got VSA but it is not avail in Canada w. higher price. PDI in US is around $600 instead of $1500 here!!!!

Most interesting is all Civic are MADE IN CANADA!!!:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
intls said:
I intent to buy a Si Sedan from US, MSRP is only $22000. Not just the price; US SI got VSA but it is not avail in Canada w. higher price. PDI in US is around $600 instead of $1500 here!!!!

if u find a dealer, let me know. good luck on ur civic

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
AznSupastar said:
i'm pretty sure u can find 1 dealer that is willing to sell even tho they r not suppose to
I know one who was willing to sell to me, but I at the time I wasn't ready to buy the car. The dealer is in S. Florida though.

He told me that as long as I pay cash (or in this case full price) for the vehicle he didn't care who he was selling the car to.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
^^yeah pay cash so they don't have to show it on paper.:lildevil:

why an american dealer would want to take the risk is beyond me.....sell a car lose a dealership....hmmm tough decision.

besides all that have fun getting any money back when you try to sell the car used in Canada.I know I wouldn't buy it.:xyxnervou

·
Registered
141 Posts
intls said:

Um, PDI is not $600, its approx. 2.25hrs of shop time, which at most dealer labor rates would come to around $200. And besides that American Honda pays the dealer to conduct a PDI.

And are you sure that all Civics are made in canada? Wanna wager on that? Bc I do believe, that some are still built in East Liberty, OH, not to mention the engines come from the Anna, OH plant.
http://ohio.honda.com/Company/elap.cfm

·
Registered
850 Posts
portabuddy said:
who gives a damm its 8-9g's less, even if you factor in the taxes at the border.

I would make arrangments first, then get a bank loan/cash and bring it with you and pay it right there...

I paid 31500 feb 2006, you guys?... well its 19 in the states... F!#@ the USA-dians with there damm cheap prices...

I hear ya! And to think Honda's are supposed to hold their value. I wonder if Cnd vehicle re-sell book prices will take a drop as a result. Then we'd lose.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found one dealer sell it for MSRP, therefore they made $1700 profit form my car. The different become less form the Canadian price appox $3000.
I told them if they offer me a price 500 above invoice I will take it.
Do you guy think I should take it w/. MSRP?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
As another mentioned. A dealer would be a bit daft to risk getting grief from Honda Corp (admitedly they likely wouldn't find out) to shift a 20k car, but fair play if you found one who will. When you take it in for an oil change at a Canadian Honda dealer be sure you don't leave any details about where you bought it from in the car, just in case you happen to go to a petty dealer who wants to even the score ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts