8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first let me say I come to you with no Honda background what-so-ever. This however should be pretty simple across the board.

I am looking for A.) Foglights-not sure on color on these B.) looking for headlights-projectors maybe hid's?

Now heres where I'm lost. I drive ALOT close to 800 miles a week and ALOT of night time driving in deer country and back roads. I would like the brightest mother F******* headlights I can find! My lights right now are pretty decent especially in high beams since it runs both.

Now heres the question: What would you suggest and I'm not willing to spend more then 300 on this they are only headlights, no offense. I was looking at the ebay projectors but are they brighter then stock? Would I do better to put some hid's in my factory housing? if i did what would become of the high beams?

Any help that you can provide is more then appreciated I realize there are a million ppl doing this but I need help knowing if it would be beneficial or simply good looks. PS I love the angel eyes. Thanks So Much

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
well you probly wont want to do this but the best thing to do is a retro. and custome lightz will do them for you for about a grand. so your next alternative would be either new bulbs or hid plug and play conversion kits. new bulbs such as silverstars wont increase light output too much but it will a little. but the hids will help out better, but more than likely you will be blinding oncoming traffic and people that you are behind. thats where the retro comes in handy. the retro directs that light. im probly not the best person to talk to about this stuff, but im sure striker or caveman will chime in here and help out.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I personally love my HID conversion kit that I got, it helps a lot. I've never been flashed or had someone flip the bird at me, and you can do that for under $300. A retrofit is your best option though, because if i remember, you get about 2.5 - 3x the light on pnp and then ever more light on a retrofit (uses the HIDs much more effectively). A lot of people say 4300K is the most usable light in terms of the bulbs you want. I have 6500K personally and they are a brilliant white in person(in pictures they look blue). Also, I never used my high beams before I got the conversion kit, and since it doesn't turn off the lowbeams when you flip the highbeams on i'm sure you can still run them. Just do not flash your HIDs, it wears the bulbs out. I have no idea what its going to look like to run halogen highbeams and HID lows though. Lightwerks did a Bi-Xenon retrofit which does highs and lows in the same housing (I admit I don't know the specifics of it.)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so your suggesting I buy Hid's for my current headlights I already have? not buy projectors or anything correct? Next if I bought some silver stars I'm sure the HID would look ok unless they make high beam Hid???? I really know nothing about it. Would they really be a Plug and play device? I thank you for your help so far!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
what you do is buy the low beam hid plug and play conversion kit. there is a little bit of wiring and hooking up so if you are skeptical, id go somewhere to get it installed. you wouldnt need hids for hi's. thats just way too much light and too much money. i have silverstar ultras in my hi's and lo's and it is just fine with me. but like siconvert said, 4300K is supposedly the purest white. the number there is the temperture color. like 3000K is yellow. and the higher you go from 4300 will give you a bluer color. all just on what you are looking for. if you want more light, and visibility, then go for the 4300K.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
^^ - exactly, I never used my high beams before I got my plug and play kit but I certainly do not need them now, i'll try to take an in cabin picture when i've got time. The wiring is not hard in the least, I am mechanically retarded and it didn't take me but 20 mins to install the wiring (and hours to get the effing bumper on and off :pat:). Just follow the DIY's that are on here, there is one for clearing the headlights and it has a really nice step-by-step for bumper removal. All in all, I think the HID kits I bought are still the best mod i've done to my car. If you have a buddy you can grab to drive in front of you to check the cutoff I would advise it, that's what I did. I removed the two front wheels instead of taking the headlights out (to swap the bulbs) so that I didn't have to mess with adjusting the headlights too much after I put them back in.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
If you need intensity in front of your car, then go with a pnp kit. 4,300K will aid you for better visibility and most output out of a kit.
But if you have more money, I'd get a retrofit because they will give you twice the output and width. Enough width to illuminate 5 lanes on a highway and further illumination down the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys thanks for all the help I think i've made my decision I'm going with 4300K Hid's in the low beams and silverstar ultras or possibly ge nighthawks for my high's. I found some ebay hid's i suppose if its the right color temp it shouldn't mattar which I choose? If there are any stay aways please yell out because I intend to purchase within a day or so cause I've found decent prices so far. less then seventy bucks for hid.... ya i'm doin that. Tell me about color shifting? how far will my 4300 k's color shift?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya i'm runnin into the 100.00 usd price area which is not out of concern for the effect of hid lighting you know? I think the retrofit is an amazingly good idea but for right now its out of price for me so I'm going to go ahead with the hid's cause reguardless I will be needing those. Hopefully these hid's with some bright ass high beams will be sufficient for driving on these back country roads

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok before I buy these can someone say yay or nay... I'm thinking about goin with some 4300K hid 9006's for my lows and some silverstar ultras for my highs 9005. Would I want both high and low in hid though? would this be sufficient? also a side note... anyone know anything about the hid/halogen 9007 setup????? i'm considering that for my old lady's car shes got trouble seein at nite thought this could help out....

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Ok before I buy these can someone say yay or nay... I'm thinking about goin with some 4300K hid 9006's for my lows and some silverstar ultras for my highs 9005. Would I want both high and low in hid though? would this be sufficient? also a side note... anyone know anything about the hid/halogen 9007 setup????? i'm considering that for my old lady's car shes got trouble seein at nite thought this could help out....
for most visibility your setup is pretty good, you don't need HID high beams imo but its up to you. Don't know anything about the 9007 setup though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok bud sounds good i'm gonna go with what seems popular around here. and i'm also looking into fog lights. CONVERT your fog lights, are they worth it? know what an ion lens actually does for you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.