8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. i dont know anything about lighting , HID or any of those things
when i was drving home today, i notice that my right headlight went down (the big 1, not the daytime light). The left one is still on. i notice there were less light coming from the right than the left a few days ago. I had an HID , but i got it from the dealer. when i buy the car, it came with it.
so, should i just buy another 2 bulb and install it? i thought of warranty but i bought my car from a dealership 500 miles away and i dont know the dealershipo here will warranty it.
so my question is should i buy another 2 bulb (8000k 6000k 5000k ) any of them and install it?
is there a DIY on changing the bulb? i dont even know if it its the bulb's problem.
i guess i have to take off the bumper and take the whole headlight out? cuz from opening the hood, i dont see enough room to take that out. :eek:mg:
help :eek:mg: :xyxnervou
please

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
you can access the bulbs through the fender well. no need to take off the bumper.

what dealer sold your car with HID's on it? did you buy it used? only way to tes teh bulb is to plug it into the other ballast and see if it works. if the bulb is bad, get a new PAIR of bulbs. most HID companies sell crap bulbs and even though its might say the bulb is 6k (or whatever color temp you have), chances are it will not match.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the bulb i need to replace have to be a certain brand or anything? HID bulb and normal bulb are different ,,, right? where can i get those bulbs. lol sorry for being a noob. do you think warranty will fix this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts