8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so this thing is some sort of intake for my air conditioning in my car and its gotten mold on it. i need to figure out how to remove it to clean it well. please help me figure out what its called!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Is this right under the cowel? The cowel is removable to free up a lot of space to get in there and wipe/remove it. I think you just pry it out to unclip and remove it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this right under the cowel? The cowel is removable to free up a lot of space to get in there and wipe/remove it. I think you just pry it out to unclip and remove it.
even with the cover removed the frame stops me. ive got pretty fat arms and the mounting part for one of the bolts rips my arms up and stops me

·
Registered
77 Posts
The part number is right there on the silver sticker. this is an AC pipe if you remove it or puncture it all the freon stuff will come shooting out and kill your ac system. I think you should just try to clean it the best you can without removing it. It is super super easy to break!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part number is right there on the silver sticker. this is an AC pipe if you remove it or puncture it all the freon stuff will come shooting out and kill your ac system. I think you should just try to clean it the best you can without removing it. It is super super easy to break!!!!
oh no not that piece, sorry my camera focused on that. im trying to figure out what the moldy piece in the back behind it is. its stinking my ac and my garage up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so ive found where this thing is in relation to my dashboard. its right above my cabin air filter spot. heres a picture. someone please tell me what this thing is or how to remove it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts