8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new here and I’m just starting to learn more about my car.
I have a 09 Civic Si and I just got a Skunk2 alpha header & q300 exhaust. Everything is good except the vibration on the header which is very loud on idle & I think it’s hitting the frame of the car as it’s too close which causes the noise and vibration . I used the stock mount but I already ordered a hasport 70a rear engine mount. Will this solve the problem or do I have to still do something else?? I’ve read from other forums that I should put 4-5 washers on the rear engine mount brackets. Has anyone had this problem before or have any tips on how to solve this issue.
thanks so much!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello,

I am new here and I’m just starting to learn more about my car.
I have a 09 Civic Si and I just got a Skunk2 alpha header & q300 exhaust. Everything is good except the vibration on the header which is very loud on idle & I think it’s hitting the frame of the car as it’s too close which causes the noise and vibration . I used the stock mount but I already ordered a hasport 70a rear engine mount. Will this solve the problem or do I have to still do something else?? I’ve read from other forums that I should put 4-5 washers on the rear engine mount brackets. Has anyone had this problem before or have any tips on how to solve this issue.
thanks so much!!
Should solve the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have a k24 it will hit the subframe without modifying. Never heard of the skunk 2 header not fitting the k20
I have the K20 and unfortunately, i’ve read that some people also experienced this and they mentioned that Skunk2 had made a few defective headers.. it just sucks I got one of those. I’ll try putting on a hasport engine rear mount and the washer trick && if that doesn’t solve it. I’ll probably have to send it back.

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
166 Posts
I have the K20 and unfortunately, i’ve read that some people also experienced this and they mentioned that Skunk2 had made a few defective headers.. it just sucks I got one of those. I’ll try putting on a hasport engine rear mount and the washer trick && if that doesn’t solve it. I’ll probably have to send it back.
The hasport mount will 95% sure fix it ......I have a k24 and the hasport mounts gave me more clearance for my headers so I believe it’ll work for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey I think I spot your video you 8th gen facebook group lol. get the rear mount and let us know if the issue if fixed.
Hi!! Yes! That was me. Lol. I was so stressed out and was afraid of driving my car but everything is good now! I got the rear mount installed and also ended up putting 3 washers for each bolt (just to make sure it wont hit anything) && it worked! There’s still some vibration but its nothing compared to when I only had the stock mount. 😅

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi!! Yes! That was me. Lol. I was so stressed out and was afraid of driving my car but everything is good now! I got the rear mount installed and also ended up putting 3 washers for each bolt (just to make sure it wont hit anything) && it worked! There’s still some vibration but its nothing compared to when I only had the stock mount. 😅
what type or rear engine mount you got ? Also, now that you have an aftermarket header with no heat shields. How is the heat temperature inside the cabin? Do you feel any difference?
BTW Glad your issue is gone ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.