8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new here and I’m just starting to learn more about my car.
I have a 09 Civic Si and I just got a Skunk2 alpha header & q300 exhaust. Everything is good except the vibration on the header which is very loud on idle & I think it’s hitting the frame of the car as it’s too close which causes the noise and vibration . I used the stock mount but I already ordered a hasport 70a rear engine mount. Will this solve the problem or do I have to still do something else?? I’ve read from other forums that I should put 4-5 washers on the rear engine mount brackets. Has anyone had this problem before or have any tips on how to solve this issue.
thanks so much!!

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
66 Posts
If you have a k24 it will hit the subframe without modifying. Never heard of the skunk 2 header not fitting the k20

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello,

I am new here and I’m just starting to learn more about my car.
I have a 09 Civic Si and I just got a Skunk2 alpha header & q300 exhaust. Everything is good except the vibration on the header which is very loud on idle & I think it’s hitting the frame of the car as it’s too close which causes the noise and vibration . I used the stock mount but I already ordered a hasport 70a rear engine mount. Will this solve the problem or do I have to still do something else?? I’ve read from other forums that I should put 4-5 washers on the rear engine mount brackets. Has anyone had this problem before or have any tips on how to solve this issue.
thanks so much!!
Should solve the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have a k24 it will hit the subframe without modifying. Never heard of the skunk 2 header not fitting the k20
I have the K20 and unfortunately, i’ve read that some people also experienced this and they mentioned that Skunk2 had made a few defective headers.. it just sucks I got one of those. I’ll try putting on a hasport engine rear mount and the washer trick && if that doesn’t solve it. I’ll probably have to send it back.

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
66 Posts
I have the K20 and unfortunately, i’ve read that some people also experienced this and they mentioned that Skunk2 had made a few defective headers.. it just sucks I got one of those. I’ll try putting on a hasport engine rear mount and the washer trick && if that doesn’t solve it. I’ll probably have to send it back.
The hasport mount will 95% sure fix it ......I have a k24 and the hasport mounts gave me more clearance for my headers so I believe it’ll work for you

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey I think I spot your video you 8th gen facebook group lol. get the rear mount and let us know if the issue if fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts