8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a bunch of key marks around my ignition.
Is there a tried and true method for getting rid of scratches on our dashboards?
I've searched for products but can't find any that remove scratches in dash boards.
thanks

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I don't think such a product exists. I wish it did (damn girlfriend with damn purses scratching my damn glovebox... dammit) :lildevil:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would also like to know how to remove scratches from the plastic dash console and door panels. I had a few recent nicks so I took some fine grit sandpaper and tried buffing it out only it left rubbing marks in the panels. I tried polishing with Maguires and even Lemon Pledge and it didn't take out the marks.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If they are light scuffs try the armorall plastic trim protectant. The greasy stuff. It will help get rid of some of the light scuffs and hide the others that won't go away. Just don't get it on any painted or clear plastics.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I get crazy with that stuff too, whenever I have to valet or bring it in for service I point out to the driver to please be midnful of not scratching the steering column with the key, it's very simple, just glance at it and there it is, dont sit there like a momo looking straight ahead while using the tip of the key to search for the damn lock...and my woman knows well in advance to not have any sharp objects near any plastic surfaces while shes on board. haha

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
This may or may NOT work.. I don’t have experience with damaged panels but just for painting you can use plasti dip.. you can get it at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Rubberized spraypaint, multiple light layers, just clean surface and apply, no prep work needed. If they are light scratches they could possibly go away with a few layers

STi silver to black trim

If you don't like the end result you can peel off the paint like a vinyl (so I've heard, most likely smooth surfaces only)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts