8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i originally had plans of doing an intake and cat back exhaust... i wanted to stay away from the CAI because i have one on my current car and it's a PITA to get to the filter when it's time to clean it. so i was thinking a set up like fujita SRI and a greddy evo 2 sp exhaust. but after reading about heat soak, and loss of torque, i'm thinking i might just swap out the filter in the stock box for a K&N, and do the HFP muffler. the stock intake system was designed for cool air already and must be pretty decent. what do you think?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i say stock air box or maybe poor mans icebox what ever u like. with k&n drop in,then dcrh. thats only a lil over $400 and by far the best gains for the price... stock catback is already good. then spend the saved money on tb spacer and gaskets then reflash :)

EDIT- and u can always run an electric cutout after the header... thats very loud tho

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
u can get a defouler and use it for the 2nd o2 sensor... it will back it out a lil soo not reading the full dirtyness of the exhaust lol. very cheap. and the cel doesnt hurt your power at all anyways

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
it is really no big deal to get to the filter in the CAI, park the car, yurn the wheel, pop off 4 clips from the wheel well and 3 from the corner of the under body paneling and your there. Less than 3 mins to do everything if your in a hurry!!!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
go with stock air box with k&n drop in.. and like i said maybe poor mans icebox. then the stock exhuats is good as well so id leave it... do with a high flow cat if u dont wanna race header. and u could always run a cutout after it. then read up on other basic bolt ons to do. or save for reflash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts