8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning eibach sportsline this summer.. what do u guys think.. too low? i heard its around 1.5inch front and back some even say 2 inches... and i heard its really stiff.. but what do u guys think.. for ontario roads.. especially speed bumps in markham =/ and do u guys know the prices for these? and whats a good/cheap set of camber kits to go with these...

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I have H & R springs on mine and I dont have any camber kit on it and there is to problem. Use google and you can find some prices on the stuff you are looking for,also dont go as cheap as possible on anything you get what you pay for.. You know what I am saying. Good luck and let use know what you come up with.:thumb:

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
No such thing as good and cheap.

Used is cheap. Depending on your drop and how you like your ride, you would want new shocks to go with the springs, some drops are too much for stock shocks and you can blow them if you hit too hard.

Camber arms and bolts are good, unless you plan on rotating your tires alot to even out the wear. If you have directional tires, better get the camber arms on.

The drop really depends on your car weight. more weight, bigger drop. You can add 200lbs on your car and have stock look dropped. (does crap for your mileage though)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I had a pro kit on my si, it drove perfect. I wouldn't go sportlines

Here is how my car sat

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
TEIN s-techs no problem for sale if you want ;) i upgraded to coilovers

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hows the drop for prokit for r18... i keep hearing ppl talk about how my shocks will blow if i drop with springs... should i just get coil overs? *** how long do u guys think my shocks will last if i get prokit and a camber kit... **** i just wanted sportsline because i wanted a noticable drop LOL... and i heard was a stiffer ride.. i hate the stock r18 ride... i was planning HFP suspensions at first... but a lot of people tell me its a waste of money...(i mean ppl from garages)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
hows the drop for prokit for r18... i keep hearing ppl talk about how my shocks will blow if i drop with springs... should i just get coil overs? *** how long do u guys think my shocks will last if i get prokit and a camber kit... **** i just wanted sportsline because i wanted a noticable drop LOL... and i heard was a stiffer ride.. i hate the stock r18 ride... i was planning HFP suspensions at first... but a lot of people tell me its a waste of money...(i mean ppl from garages)
waste of money? i bet those garage dudes dont have 8th gen civics riding on HFP suspension.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Do you want a stiffer ride? or a lower less comfortable ride?

What don't you like about your ride? You may just want to change out the sway bars for si ones, or the progress ones, front and rear, that will stiffen the ride handling too.

All depends on what you want.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
planning eibach sportsline this summer.. what do u guys think.. too low? i heard its around 1.5inch front and back some even say 2 inches... and i heard its really stiff.. but what do u guys think.. for ontario roads.. especially speed bumps in markham =/ and do u guys know the prices for these? and whats a good/cheap set of camber kits to go with these...
Do you want a stiffer ride? or a lower less comfortable ride?

What don't you like about your ride? You may just want to change out the sway bars for si ones, or the progress ones, front and rear, that will stiffen the ride handling too.

All depends on what you want.

you know what he wants...

what do u guys think....planning eibach sportsline this summer.. .. too low?
but what do u guys think.. for ontario roads.. especially speed bumps in markham
how long do u guys think my shocks will last if i get prokit and a camber kit...

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
ok jokes aside...did you get a chance to go through this section?

Suspension - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

1.5 is a decent drop and should not result in the ride being too harsh. the non SI models are bit lighter too so will help i suppose and at this level of drop, a camber kit will definitely a good idea.

i wont suggest hfp to you again since you want the slammed look lol

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I had Prokit springs on my wife's Si for almost 1 year and 20,000k's. I rode perfect and there was no excessive tire wear (alignment was still within Honda specs) and the car rode great and struts showed no signs of being worn.

On my 07 I plan on using the same springs with an aftermarket strut, or the HFP kit.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Sal aren't you on HFP? I thought I remembered seeing a post of some pics of your car. Post some pics up or the link. If I go lower, it will definetly be HFP me thinks. Someone brought it up earlier, but the fact that so many people buy lowering springs and sell them on 8th seems to speak volumes about ride/quality. Where as not many people sell the HFP kit...

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
No, most people who buy the lowering springs are kids who drive cars their parents lease, and the parents find out, or the lease is up, they have to go back to stock.

If you add a camber kit to the lowering springs, ride quality is better, add better shocks, and it gets better. The HFP kit, is that, a total kit, new shocks, new springs, not just new springs.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
I love my drop, but springs are a temporary solution. they are good and all, i for one love my sportlines. the ride is stiff but not jarring, a good ballance... overall not bad. but as soon as i get some good coilovers they are comming out and up for sale.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
its never too low. I loved how my car looked last summer dropped on coilovers. I roughly dropped 2.3inches and i was tucking at the front even with -1.5 degree camber.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts