8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to plan out the sound system in my '08 EX.

Current equipment being pulled from '99 EX:
Focal K2P (front)
Alumapro Alchemy MX 12"
Zapco Ref 360.4
Zapco Ref 500.1

For a new headunit I'm looking at Alpine's 9887.
I'm also intending to unload the Zapco amps (or possibly leave the 360.4 in the old car) and run a single Alpine PDX-4.150 (150x2 to the front and 300x1 to the sub). The reason for this is because I want an amp that takes up minimal space, but still has enough power for the speakers and sub. The Zapco amps take up too much space.
The sub will be in a fiberglass enclosure, tucked into the corner of the trunk. The amp will be on the opposite side.

My big question now is whether or not to bother with sound deadening. In my '99 Civic coupe I had 2 layers put in each door, 1 layer on the floor, and 1 layer all around the trunk. In that car the biggest difference I noticed was with the doors. The trunk deadening had minimal effect, and the floor deadening really only helped to further insulate the car (it warms up and cools down better). So, for those who have had their doors deadened, how much of an effect did it have? What about the trunk?

Another question is how to mount the speakers with minimal modification to the doors. One idea presented to me was to mount the tweeters near the top of the door, in front of the handle with the woofers in the stock locations. My concern with this is whether or not the Xovers will have to be mounted in the doors. Does anyone know how easily you can run speaker wires into the door?

Sorry for the long post. Any input is appreciated.

Thx.

·
Banned
155 Posts
ill sell yah 2 boston g5s with wires and an amp for 400 :)

and for the xovers. i used 3m tape and put them inbetween the lower side of the door.
MAKE SURE ITS NOT IN THE WAY OF THE WINDOW GOING UP AND DOWN!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill sell yah 2 boston g5s with wires and an amp for 400 :)

and for the xovers. i used 3m tape and put them inbetween the lower side of the door.
MAKE SURE ITS NOT IN THE WAY OF THE WINDOW GOING UP AND DOWN!!!!
I'll pass on the Bostons, but thanks.

I'm trying to avoid putting the Xovers in the door. I want to mount them near the amp. That's why I am curious about the possibility of running speaker wire into the doors.

·
Banned
155 Posts
errrrrrrrrrr putting them in the door is a LOT easier but i mean ur guna have the door panel off anyway, just go thru thr rubber casing that runs the power to the window switches and all that junk. all you need is a coat hanger and tape ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
errrrrrrrrrr putting them in the door is a LOT easier but i mean ur guna have the door panel off anyway, just go thru thr rubber casing that runs the power to the window switches and all that junk. all you need is a coat hanger and tape ;)
yeah, it is easier to put them in the doors, but after you've had to pull off door panels a few times to make adjustments, or to reconnect wires that have come loose, you don't ever want Xovers in the doors again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts