8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Natrona Heights, PA, just north of the city. I just bought a Nighthawk Black Pearl Si Sedan, license plate VRTIGO. :) If anyone wants to get together to have a meet and ride, contact me. I'm game. We can plan to ride to a place like Moraine State Park or somewhere out of the way. Guests welcome. I'm 29 - soon to be the big 30 (July 21st) - so I'm young enough to have fun :lildevil: but old enough to be semi-responsible. :police:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checking it out now...thanks sir. We live very close together. I have a couple of clients over in Verona (the Avalotis Corporation right next to Giant Eagle) and in Oakmont. :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just joined up. Unfortunately, this weekend is booked up for me. My birthday is Saturday and I have a wedding to go to (yay!), then Sunday I have my daughter. I'll check around the forum over there and see what I can setup or attend.

Also, that site is nice because of the references to local shops in our area for upgrades. I've been wracking my brain looking for stuff around here! :) thanks man!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jcxcr4000, I have an update for you...I'm going to Hybrid Dynamics' new location in Latrobe next week to have my new 70mm Skunk2 Mega Power R cat-back exhaust and Ingall's Stiffy torque dampener installed, then dyno'd. :)

I'm also thinking about getting a Type R JDM make-over, slowly, of course. :) The parts are expensive in most cases, but there are tons of little things you can install to make it the Type R. I've got the HP now (F5 intake and the Skunk2 exhaust are probably going to add at least 20 to the wheels, they believe, if not more), so now it's just a matter of styling. :)

Hondata makes a $50.00 part called the intake manifold gasket that supposedly cools the air down as it enters the intake manifold from the air intake system, giving about 5% HP gain.

Just some small things I've been pondering over in the Heights. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
glad to see your giving hybrid a try denis is a cool dude he wont steer you wrong he has been working on honda's for ever

your going to love the skunk 2 i had that on my ek and it is a real nice sound

ive had mine dyno'd by them it made 175 stock that hondata gasket is a nice piece ive heard alot of people had good results from it

did you bring your car to ntb in lower burrell before

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, Denis seems awesome. I'll be going there this week for sure. His new place is ready along with the dyno. He's already steered me right on a few things via email, but once he gives me a car a once-over, I'm sure he'll have more advice for me. He also wants to be my source for parts and encourages me to go through him for the best price. Corsport has been amazing and offers free shipping, so it's hard for me to go anywhere else unless Denis can match it.

Anyway, I just ordered a JDM Type-R aluminum shift knob and the leather shift boot, custom stitched in with red thread, and a "Type R" rear trunk emblem (I know, a poser). :) But, with the increased HP from the engine and exhaust mods, I'm sure it'll push out as much, if not more, than the stock HP of the Type R. The other mods are just cosmetic, but very cool indeed.

I did order the intake gasket and also a throttle body gasket - overall they claim a total temp reduction of over 20 degrees Fahrenheit. :) That will keep the heat soak from being so bad.

I just can't wait to get my exhaust on this car, along with the Comptech short shifter and the Ingall's torque dampener. I think those three things alone will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the short shifter doesn't make a difference on its own? I'm a bit confused...what will this fluid do for the shifting besides maybe make it smoother? Just curious is all because I visited their website and didn't really see anything as far as shifting is concerned besides the cold weather part. Also, how much would I need or should I simply consult the manual?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, I had my MTF changed by Honda when I was having major issues with getting it into 3rd gear. Honda sells Amsoil, or at least the dealer I bought my Honda from does, so I believe they switched my MTF with the Amsoil MTF because the 3rd gear sticking has gone away 100%. According to the boards and other forums, that seems to be the biggest indicator of the swap. Do you think I may already have it? My shifting is top notch now since the switch.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet man. We gotta get together and ride sometime. Now that I'll be working in Slate Lick as of the 19th of this month, I'll be able to do more with all the time I'll have. Plus, two days per week I'll be working from home.

And hey, if you're willing and able, I'll let you know what day I'm taking off this week to get all my mods installed at Hybrid. I'm bringing a camera because Skunk is interested in the dyno test numbers for their website (no one yet has the new Sedan exhaust 70mm kit and going to a dyno), so if you want to come along, feel free. Your name's Joel, right? I want to mention the reference to Denis; maybe it'll get you some perks. Denis told me I can use the dyno numbers and take as much video as I want (we're doing six pulls - three before the exhaust install, three after) as long as I mention the shop. :) That's pretty cool.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys, another Pittsburgher here...if you guys don't mind, I'd like to maybe tag along with you whenever you go, if I can make it. I need to meet some more 'Burgh 8thers.
No problem broham. I'll post up when I'm going, including date and time (hopefully this week). Hybrid Dynamic's new facility is in Latrobe, PA - Hybridynamics.com for more info.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah my name is joel to get a sig you have to be a donating member

let me know what day your going as long as im off ill go out to hybrid
Cool. I haven't heard from Denis at all this week, so I have no idea if I'm even going to be able to go out this week unless he gets in touch with me today. I'm itching to get moving. How much notice would you need? What is your schedule for this week? I probably only need a half-day, but I'll let you know once I hear from Denis.

1 - 20 of 491 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.