8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my own x intake and was wondering what size piping you use to go from the inlet closest to the filter to the valve cover outlet (not sure what those spots are called) any help would be appericiated and if anyone else is making one themselves I found that you can reuse the bracket from the original intake and hang it on the part where the maf bolts down on the side :thumb:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything is the same as X's apexi filter 07 crv tube modified the maf now all I need to do is connect the tubes and I wanna get new ones but not sure which to get

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there isnt much that can be done snd he said he didnt remove the fins so i just sanded them down so that they are a little more aero dynamic besides that little part isnt what is making all the power

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
^ actually that IS the part making the power. Properly angled vanes keep the ignition timing advanced, this making more power.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont think that the vanes are making the majority of the power at most they may account for 1-2 horsepower at the very most and i believe I have the right angle

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
i dont think that the vanes are making the majority of the power at most they may account for 1-2 horsepower at the very most and i believe I have the right angle
Read X's R&D info. you're only gaining a few HP without the MAF housing mod

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just put it on my car I still need to work out my mounting bracket so ill put some pics up hopefully tomorrow

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I here what your saying koop but he s also a business man and im sure he s gonna market the product and theres a pic of the modified maf on page 69 of the shocking power from xs intake thread

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
He said it takes ~3 hours to mod the maf. He's not just thinning down the vanes, sorry :(

Also I beleive he's only making about ~$90 BEFORE shipping expenses. At 3 hours of work per order.. he's giving us a bargain really.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it does take a long time to modify it and im not bashing his price all ive said is i made my own

·
Banned
8,350 Posts
honda put that fins on purpose.. why is it that honda will put that fin inside there and spend $1 on the plastic.?? we have a MAF.. Mass Air Flow.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you can make your own every one is acting like there is some super horsepower adder he just puts in there and thats not the case its just a tornado

1 - 20 of 290 Posts