8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I posted this question a while, but in the wrong section, so I thought I'd ask here:

I did the "fogs on with parking lights" mod a while back, but recently noticed the strangest thing. When my lights are totally off, turning off the fog switch makes the deck go into night mode (dim). I have an '07, so my switch is on the stalk. Basically if my foglight switch remains off, the deck never goes out of night mode, whether lights are on or off. The strange thing is that with he lights off, the fog switch shouldn't do ANYTHING. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

p.s. I don't know whether it was the mod or not that caused this issue...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The deck lighting is controlled by the illumination wire. Obviously, wherever you have the illum. wire connected to, its part of the fog lamp circuit. You need to connect the wire to the headlight circuit, instead of the fogs, this will solve your problem. Use a meter or test light to test the wires for voltage with the headlight switch and foglight switch in various positions - this will determine the headlight circuit.

Hans

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. The weird thing is the fogs are off when the headlights are off, so when this is the case and you turn fog light switch, the only thing that happens is the dimming. AND the unit dims when the fogs are in the OFF position!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.