8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this isn't for a Civic, but there's gotta be someone on here who can help.

My b/f has a stereo by Pioneer that looks EXACTLY like this: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p....html?compName=PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent

Dunno if it's the same exact one, but it's very very similar. I seem to remember the graphics being green, not blue, but maybe I'm wierd.

Anyway, he has this cord that attaches somewhere in his dash behind the unit to his iPod. He needs a new cord. I want to know if this cord: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=product&tab=1&id=1138086047724#productdetail
Will do the job? I have the box with me if you guys need pics. It says it will work with any Pioneer deck that has "Aux-in menu" capabilities.

Any clue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Hmm, I had to get an IPOD adapter unit to connect to my pioneer deck. Mines a dvd unit though so its different. That cable looks like it should work. i'll see if I can cross reference that cable with that headunit.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, I had to get an IPOD adapter unit to connect to my pioneer deck. Mines a dvd unit though so its different. That cable looks like it should work. i'll see if I can cross reference that cable with that headunit.
Yeah, I figure that since he already CAN use his iPod, he doesn't need the entire unit, though. His cord is just all messed up and he just needs a new cord.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Hmmm. If it has green I'm willing to bet it's an older model and doesn't have a direct iPod connection, but rather the standard Pioneer aux cable. Not for sure though.

But, your best bet is to look at the headunit next time. It should have a model # on the faceplate and most likely start with "DEH-xxxx". From that you can just do a google search to find out what cable you need for that specific h/u. If you can get us the model # we can take care of the rest. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well it says it has the ip-bus input, so that cable should work... but your going to have to hook it up through the aux in that that adapter creates. not a big deal, but should work fine. Just make sure you go into the function menu on the radio and turn the aux in "on".

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
should work fine as long as the deck supports ip-bus. the square blue tipped conector would indicate its ip-bus
Yeah, I'll have to check that. The deck looks just like that, but it may be different. I'll get the model number this weekend.

Or maybe I'll just get him a new deck! lol, the damn wire costs $40, half the cost of the deck he wants... :pat:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Yeah, I'll have to check that. The deck looks just like that, but it may be different. I'll get the model number this weekend.

Or maybe I'll just get him a new deck! lol, the damn wire costs $40, half the cost of the deck he wants... :pat:
That's the truth. Those wires are $$$. But, again, it comes down to the deck he has. It might not be much for the appropriate wire. :wavey:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.