8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the subject says. Where did you guys install these pieces? I have a Avic D3 and there isnt much room behind the deck for these additional units and I'm looking for ideas on the install. I still need to run the bluetooth mic but I really do not want to pull apart the headliner.

Is there any way to remove the headliner without removing all the pillars?

If not... I assume I have to buy some new plugs for the pillars. Anyone have difficulty pulling that headliner out? Thanks again for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
My XM receiver is under my passenger seat, my bluetooth receiver is under the passenger side dash. The mic I have mounted right next to the tach just drilled up right over the steering wheel.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37,357 Posts
My XM Reciever and my iPod adapter are attached to the sides or back (I forget) of my Acic Z1.

How much did that bluetooth cost you? Oh, and where did you get it? I want one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atruhondagrl said:
My XM Reciever and my iPod adapter are attached to the sides or back (I forget) of my Acic Z1.

How much did that bluetooth cost you? Oh, and where did you get it? I want one.
I got it on ebay for about $130. I def have no room behind the unit... I have debated under the passenger seat, but after narrowly missing my fuel line on the driver side with my amp install. I'll probably end up doing it there. The bluetooth is another story. I dont want to sacrifice my glove compartment cause I think I'm going to mold some plastic and build a xbox 360 dock in there at some point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
secretaznman46 said:
My XM receiver is under my passenger seat, my bluetooth receiver is under the passenger side dash. The mic I have mounted right next to the tach just drilled up right over the steering wheel.
Can you post a pic of the hole you have drilled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
The a-pillars are EASY to take off and you won't need any new plugs. Use a rubber mallet and hit the airbag logo with a decent amount of force and it'll pop right off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quality_sound said:
The a-pillars are EASY to take off and you won't need any new plugs. Use a rubber mallet and hit the airbag logo with a decent amount of force and it'll pop right off.
Sounds good. I thinking it was going to major ordeal with the airbags and all.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top