8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally Decided to get a Navi system on my car and I would like to know what would be a good choice to go with... anyone have this in there car and how do you like it..?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I myself have the AVIC-D3 and love it. If money isn't a problem I would go with the F90BT. It has more features plus it plays dvds. the F700BT is an introductory model and it doesn't have a lot of features. It's not bad for the price but if you want to you should consider the D3. You can still find some with the Bluetooth and ipod connector for about $450-$500 and it's a lot better than the F700BT. The key point is money.
Just my two cents.
Good luck and post pics after you install it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I just installed the AVIC700BT and I have to say that I love it. I updated to firmware 2.0 and the bootup speed has improved too. For the money, I am extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Are you running the stock speakers? If so hows the sound quality?
I am running stock speakers, yes. The sound quality improved tremendously as compared to the stock radio. I can hear more bass with the new radio, and definitely the overall sound quality has improved.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
hey op. does ur navi tells u streets names?? i swear mine used to say it, it doesnt anymore.. just turn by turn direction, no street names and i have the ft900bt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what? i just purchased the F700BT and I thought it has the Text To Speech and it supposed to say the street name and turn? Even those cheap portable ones say out the street names.

If it doesn't, I may get a refund then LOL

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
anyone with either one play have issues with not being able to use all the features or player rebooting it self? i was on avic411 and saw a couple of complaints about this and was supposedly something multiple people have complained about. i was look into getting the f700bt but that made me have second thoughts. Some of these comments were as of this month so i assume they had the software update.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
raceex? so wht happenes now? it doesnt bother me much but its something i should get rgeb it should b there. but yea i got the most recent fireware upgrade..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts