8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im instaling the new pioneer avic Z-2 nav system in my girlfriends 06 civic she opted not to get the navi when she first purchased it but now wants aftermarket. my only question is what color is the wire for the speed detection circuit coming from the vehicle computer the nav system has to be wired into this circuit and i am not sure what i am looking for here any help and pics would be grealty apprectiated

·
Registered
21 Posts
There needs to be a sticky for this or something. But anyways. The wire you're looking for is the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire and it is located on the bigger of the two harnesses that comes out of the factory head unit.

On the picture below it is wire #14 and it's blue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok great so i just take that pink wire from the nav system and splice it to that blue wire? when i went to my local audio shop the guy only gave me one connector it cost me 80 bucks and its made by pac it is supposed to control everything and allows you to keep use of the steering wheel controls i asked if that was all the plugs id need an he said yes... Im lookin to start the instal possibly tomorrow or tuesday but i want to make sure ive got all the connectors? THANK YOU for all your help

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd be curious to see what this 'connector' is that the audio guy shop sold you. Could you post a pic or a link to it perhaps. I purchased the metra harness to plug into the connector shown above and then the pac steering wheel control adapter separately.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the pac steering wheel controller was the only connector he gave me i asked if id need any onther harnesses and he said no this is it.. i had i feeling id need more... hes the only local audo supplier around and he is a bit of an *******... lol so i need this metra...? do you have a link of where i can purchase it? this is the pac steering wheel thing he gave me PAC SWI-PS Steering wheel control interface for Pioneer and Sony at Crutchfield.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts