8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
It depends one how baked into the paint the pinstripe is. Some times they'll leave a illusion like stripe in the paint after removing the stripes. Which will require you to buff and polish it out. I used a 3M eraser wheel to remove the pinstripes. You can get one for a drill or even a pneumatic one. It's about $20.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends one how baked into the paint the pinstripe is. Some times they'll leave a illusion like stripe in the paint after removing the stripes. Which will require you to buff and polish it out. I used a 3M eraser wheel to remove the pinstripes. You can get one for a drill or even a pneumatic one. It's about $20.
So if it leaves a pin stripe illusion on the paint it can just be buffed and polished out?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a similar issue, what would I do if they are painted on? And before anyone asks, yes I'm 100% sure they are painted on. They're not the vinyl ones.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have a similar issue, what would I do if they are painted on? And before anyone asks, yes I'm 100% sure they are painted on. They're not the vinyl ones.
If it's above the clear coat, I've seen people use a dremel and a felt wheel with some glaze or polish. Some use chemicals like lacquer thinner, which I would definitely not recommend using it. If you really want to use a harsh chemical, try using mineral spirits. They aren't as potent as thinners. An older way that lots of people have used is using Easy off oven cleaner. Get it in a cup and use a Q-tip to rub it into the pinstriped areas. Make sure to not let it dry out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts