1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What you need:

Heat up the of the stripe using the hair dryer:

Use the eraser to peal the stripe up a little:

TIP: Only make eraser contact with the stripe not the paint and be gentle.

Once there is enough up for you to grab with your fingers just start pulling back while keeping the hair dryer in front of where your pulling:

TIP: I found pulling at a 45° angle is best.

Far view:

This is what's left behind:

Use some hot water and a little bit of car wash fluid to wash it away.

Thats it :thumb:

Here are some before and after pics:

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
nice.. i wish when i took mine off it had been a sticker.. it was painted on cheaply so i had to use a lacquer thinner

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
i just told them to remove them at the dealership before i paid for the car.... even made the price of the car drop by 75 bucks lol
they wanted to charge $300 for the one they painted on mine.. cheap paint too.. came off easy but they took it off the price and still put it on the car

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I removed mine a few days after I got it (gold pinstripe ftl) and it just peeled right off, no residue.
It was a little cold when I took mine off. I think it was 52 degrees. I was going to post the temp but it forgot.

Edit: FYI: The pic I took of the residue was prob the worst of it. Most of the places it wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys. I just got my car Saturday and it came with pinstripes =[.

This Saturday I will be taking them off and had a couple of questions.

I'm going to try to peel it without heat first and then use 3m adhesive remover to get rid of the residue. Since the car is brand new there shouldnt be any flaws in paint but:

1. Will I have to wax the service where the pinstripe was because the clearcoat will be gone cause of the 3m?
2. The car was detailed before i drove off the lot so I am pretty sure they applied some type of wax and I don't want to re-wax it a week later. SO would it be okay to wait and wax it in a couple of months if need be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
IT doesnt mention anything about waxing the area which is my only concern. I'm going to take my time removing it so I don't scratch the paint but I dont want the area underneath the pinstripe to be unprotected if the 3m/googone removes the clearcoat.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.