8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for some reason this caught my eye tonight, I might just be paranoid but I figured I'd post it.

Bought this Si new approx. 9 months ago, car has been perfect. Tonight I was looking her over and noticed the spacing on the front pillars seems to be different. First shot is the front left pillar (viewed from front), which looks normal to me. The second is the right front pillar, and the spacing seems to be different. Is this normal? I want to be sure I wasn't sold new car that had been damaged before sale.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have a similar issue with my bumper but I keep forgetting to ask about it. Hopefully it's the frame of the car though:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I have the same problem but for me its the seat belt pillar on both sides. The plastic panel is always popping out, every time I push them back they eventually work themselves out.
I had it warrantied too and replaced, still have the problem.

You can tell where Honda cut costs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same problem but for me its the seat belt pillar on both sides. The plastic panel is always popping out, every time I push them back they eventually work themselves out.
I had it warrantied too and replaced, still have the problem.

You can tell where Honda cut costs.
That sucks bro - hope you get it worked out.

I guess what I'm concerned about is frame damage - I would assume that since this is a brand new car that it's something I shouldn't have to worry about. (Car had 90 miles when I bought it).

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Oh haha, I thought those pictures were taken inside the car.

That is a bit odd, its definitely not normal. Take it to the dealership if its really annoying you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bought mine with 3 mi and had to align my hood because I noticed the gap between the hood and fender was off quite a bit. I've noticed several things that have disappointed me about my car, paint defects being one huge one.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I don't notice any gaps on the exterior of my car but I will agree the paint Honda uses it total crap. I have many chips and flakes around my front bumper, hood, and rear - my car isn't even 2 years old too.

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
i had a customer of mine come back one day after i sold her the car and pointed out the same issue with the pillars...and i said mom...the car may be perfect when its on the line...but after a long truck ride from ohio or canada (or in her case) a boat ride from japan and a long truck ride...plus the pdi...and her driving the car...it wont be perfect

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had a customer of mine come back one day after i sold her the car and pointed out the same issue with the pillars...and i said mom...the car may be perfect when its on the line...but after a long truck ride from ohio or canada (or in her case) a boat ride from japan and a long truck ride...plus the pdi...and her driving the car...it wont be perfect
so this is a build quality issue? to be honest, it doesn't really bother me all that much, i'm just concerned it was in some sort of accident before i bought it new and the dealer never disclosed it.

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
no..ive seen it alot...when the car in secured on the boat or truck they have to find a way to flex with all the movement...and thats when the alignment on the panels or interior go off...its normal...just a lil bit of tlc will fix it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no..ive seen it alot...when the car in secured on the boat or truck they have to find a way to flex with all the movement...and thats when the alignment on the panels or interior go off...its normal...just a lil bit of tlc will fix it
Ok - I'll mention it to the dealer next time I'm in, would they fix somthing like this under warranty? I also noticed something similar with the rear bumper fitment.. slightly off but nothing serious.

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
nope wont do it unless they are feeling sick that day...but go up there and they will say the same thing i did...and say sorry.....like i said a lil tlc will fix it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nope wont do it unless they are feeling sick that day...but go up there and they will say the same thing i did...and say sorry.....like i said a lil tlc will fix it
Thanks for the help bro, as I said it doesn't particularly bother me (you wouldn't notice it unless your anal like me, haha). I can live with it so long as its nothing structural, I realize nothings perfect.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for the help bro, as I said it doesn't particularly bother me (you wouldn't notice it unless your anal like me, haha). I can live with it so long as its nothing structural, I realize nothings perfect.
Try taking it to honda. We work close with a honda dealer here in Vancouver and they send us cars to realign under warrenty all the time. I spent about an hour or so on my car bending and realigning it till it was straight. It's just poor quality fit. All lower end cars are like that now. They come right from the factory that way and it's hard to convince someone of that after fixing their car from an accident.....we have to make them better than new now......kinda sucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts