8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
A piggyback computer runs off of your stock computer and it allows you to alter the fuel and timing tables. A stadalone is the best you can buy it takes the place of the stock computer and it allows you to create you own fuel and timing tables. Standalone probibly wont work in our cars because of our ignition switch has that key sensor thing. So if you want aftermarket engine managment it will have to be piggyback or hondata.

·
Registered
722 Posts
A piggyback computer runs off of your stock computer and it allows you to alter the fuel and timing tables. A stadalone is the best you can buy it takes the place of the stock computer and it allows you to create you own fuel and timing tables. Standalone probibly wont work in our cars because of our ignition switch has that key sensor thing. So if you want aftermarket engine managment it will have to be piggyback or hondata.
so why we dont do it??

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think no one has used one yet because they dont want to hack up their ecu harness. It will just take someone willing to try it. And it might work pretty well. I greddy has or is developing a type of e-manage designed for i-vtec, and i think the neo will work too. But e-manage will probibly be the best. But dont hold me to that i only have experience with chrome. I've never used a piggybeack.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Only a few had the balls to do it. I think it was a guy from Signapore and had nice power gains from it. (around 180whp)
:popcorn:
I think you are talking about my post here:laughing:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62389&highlight=Unichip

Nope, I did not get 180whp, that would be friggin insane. I got 180 odd of Torque though:dancing: There are quite a fair bit of us here on Unichip already.... personally, I have tried both FConSZ as well as the Unichip Q Plus and another buddy of mine is on Greddy eManage Ultimate... plenty of people can do the splicing on the ecu wirings but there are only a handful of reliable tuners around... recently, there is even a guy who wants to start selling the wire harness for R18 but they costs a bomb SGD480 I think (USD1 = SGD1.45++)......

What I still cant figure out is why on Earth a country so large and advanced like US dont have the necessary avenues for you guys to do these sorta things easily.....:pat:

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Wait... You were able to get out 180 ft. lbs. of torque out of the R18?! ****** awesome.

I might have to look into this. I don't know if these guy's would work on my car, but right next to Dickey's BBQ down the street is a tuner shop that had the yellow corvette on that show with the 350Z and other cars on the Speed Channel, and several others around here too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.