8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the search, got few results but not much pictures. Im thinking about getting tints done, im really considering 15% all around except windshield. I need to be sure what it looks like up close, if you guys can post up any pics of 15% id really appreciate it!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
i just have the back 3 done.

looks like 5% from a few feet back but you can see out from inside no problem. i wish i could get tint all around but it's illegal here.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
if your allowed 15% all around i would 100% do it. it's dark from the outside but not bad from the inside. i love my tint.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just had my three back windows done, I asked for 15-20%.. When I picked the car up it looks more like 35%...
In the day time on my old Civ that I just sold, I couldnt see through to the other side of the car when you stood beside it..

Now with this one, even at NIGHT I can see right through the windows if im standing beside the car.. Im pretty annoyed right now, and Im getting pushback from the dealer where I bought the car....

They are saying its 20%, which I know its not, so, my only option is to get 5%...

Anyone have any opinions on 5%? Really difficult to see at night?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just had my three back windows done, I asked for 15-20%.. When I picked the car up it looks more like 35%...
In the day time on my old Civ that I just sold, I couldnt see through to the other side of the car when you stood beside it..

Now with this one, even at NIGHT I can see right through the windows if im standing beside the car.. Im pretty annoyed right now, and Im getting pushback from the dealer where I bought the car....

They are saying its 20%, which I know its not, so, my only option is to get 5%...

Anyone have any opinions on 5%? Really difficult to see at night?

You want be able to see jack **** out the rear window with 5%. I just got my 07 sedan and put 15% on the back and 20% up front. Nice and clean and i can see.

·
Registered
249 Posts

15% all around cept front windshield. Illegal in Oklahoma but whatever. Personally, I think it looks great at night. In the day its not really as dark as I'd like, but man is it a pain to see out the sides in dark areas at night. Totally worth it.

Its Llumnar tint as well.

·
Registered
257 Posts

I asked for 20%, but they gave me 15%. I can see just fine from the inside. IMO, 5% is too dark. My buddy's wife's Accord has 5% and you can't see sh**.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm thinkin Im gonna keep the rear window at 15% and do the side rear windows at 5%... (front windows illegal in NS)

I hate how light it looks in the day time.. thats the annoying part of it.. but
not being able to see would suck even more..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts