8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this pics were taken last week before I installed the Gold Skunk2 which straight it up my negative camber on my back tires... I will take pics this weekend an updated...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
nice but the rear needs to come up a little....

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
projectprelude said:
nice but the rear needs to come up a little....
actually it looks like that cuz of the nagative camber which was -3.2 but after I installed the Skunk2 camber arm and align it, it came up a bit and it looks just like the front... nice :thumb: Pics coming soon!!!

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
still needs to come up a little to get better suspension geometry out of the front suspension which will then lead to better handling and a better ride because you will have more suspension travel.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i like the drop. i have done that same install on my si. then the hfp kit and wheels. now i want that damn ti-c exhaust setup your using. good luck man that car is dope!

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
streetmachine02 said:
i like the drop. i have done that same install on my si. then the hfp kit and wheels. now i want that damn ti-c exhaust setup your using. good luck man that car is dope!

Why are you going to spend 1200 on a suspension and just drop it too much causing the car to handle worse than stock? You might think the car handles better because there is less body roll but body roll is not an indication of how well a car handles. The Si pulls .90 g on summer tires in stock form. That is a lot of stick even with the large amount of body roll it has. When the car is that low it isn't going to have enough suspension travel to properly control weight transfer AND bumps at the same time. So when you hit a bump, the tire is going to leave the ground. A tire that isn't touching the ground isn't generating any traction which isn't very good for handling. I had the SS for a year at all different hights and settings so I'm just preaching theory here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ortivt6 said:
Finally some pics of my SKUNK2 Installed... enjoy!!]

Nice...the gold SKUNKS match perfectly with Tein's. Please post some after shots with camber correction. I agree with SirBelch about raising height, even if just a little.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lpages said:
ortivt6 said:
Finally some pics of my SKUNK2 Installed... enjoy!!]

Nice...the gold SKUNKS match perfectly with Tein's. Please post some after shots with camber correction. I agree with SirBelch about raising height, even if just a little.
Here a pic with the SKUNK2 installed at the florida meet...

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Sirbelch said:
Why are you going to spend 1200 on a suspension and just drop it too much causing the car to handle worse than stock? You might think the car handles better because there is less body roll but body roll is not an indication of how well a car handles. The Si pulls .90 g on summer tires in stock form. That is a lot of stick even with the large amount of body roll it has. When the car is that low it isn't going to have enough suspension travel to properly control weight transfer AND bumps at the same time. So when you hit a bump, the tire is going to leave the ground. A tire that isn't touching the ground isn't generating any traction which isn't very good for handling. I had the SS for a year at all different hights and settings so I'm just preaching theory here.
what do u recommend is the lowest ride height (inches from top of tire) to keep the perfermance level at max?

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
AznSupastar said:
what do u recommend is the lowest ride height (inches from top of tire) to keep the perfermance level at max?
I don't know about top of tire to fender because that changes with the size of the tire but, from the middle of the fender to the floor, I run 25.25 in at all four corners. This is what I think is the max with the products that are on the market at the moment. When all the aftermarket dampers (shocks) that are about to come out, they should all have short bodies with long rods which means you can get a little more of a drop and still keep suspension travel. If Ground Control comes out with the upper hats that allow the damper to be mounted higher in the car, then you would be able to lower it even more. Mac Strut suspensions just don't like to be to low. They need suspension travel to be happy (all suspensions do, but its more true for Mac's) and perform at their best. Mac suspensions all so like more static negitve camber. So make sure you get something (plate or bolts) that allows you to add some negitive camber to the fronts. You want a little less negtive camber in the rear because of the mutilink set up. Multilink suspensions gain negitive camber as they compress. Hope that helps. Read the suspsion stickies at the top and read this thread and ALL its links.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52556

1 - 20 of 65 Posts