8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the auto-x section last week, but I purchased some Pics I wanted to show off :).....

Gateway International Raceway

Car: 2006 Honda Civic si
Mods: Honda Factory Performance suspension, Progress RSB, AEM CAI, Vibrant streetpower catback exhaust, enkei rpf1 17 x 8 +45mm, 225 45 17Yokohama Advan Ad08s,Hawk HP+ all around.

This was my first DE weekend. learned a lot, I am driving the novice line into 1 and 2. Until I can get my heel/toe shifting down gotta play it safe, especially when there is a tire wall so close :p This was an edit from my last session of the weekend, I was pushing it more than some of the other drivers, I cut out some of the slower traffic moments. Great weekend I highly recommend participation in DE. I learned a lot about driving, and my car.

Enjoy :)

here are few pics I purchased from the photographer...photomotiononline.com

·
Registered
690 Posts
lees summit is a nice place, i had an old honda break down there, ha. im from st louis too and i want to get into some autocrossing.

it definitely looks like some fun. however, i only have 4/32 tread on my stock tires, stock pads and rotors, so im not sure how safe it would be.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lees summit is a nice place, i had an old honda break down there, ha. im from st louis too and i want to get into some autocrossing.

it definitely looks like some fun. however, i only have 4/32 tread on my stock tires, stock pads and rotors, so im not sure how safe it would be.
stock tires and rotors are fine when you first get started...brake pads not so much 1 20-30 minute session pushing it hard and your pads/brake fluid will be shot.

at a minimum for a track weekend i'd upgrade brakepads and brake fluid

·
Registered
120 Posts
how did u set up ur camera? im doing a class in joilet, Il with the SCCA and i just got the go pro camera. just wondering how you mounted it.
good looking video!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
how did u set up ur camera? im doing a class in joilet, Il with the SCCA and i just got the go pro camera. just wondering how you mounted it.
good looking video!
thx :)

i used the suction cup mount from the sunroof, mounted the goproHD camera upside down. I used all the extenders it cam with and the POV was not how I wanted it. So i emailed gopro and they sent an additional 1 inch extender for free. The lens is at my eye level. If you look at some of the pics you can see the camera position through the front windshield. shot in r5 mode (recommended for motorsports). I flipped the video back around in my editing software. I am sure imovie and windows movie maker can flip the video.
good luck!

note camera position here....

·
Registered
120 Posts
thx :)

i used the suction cup mount from the sunroof, mounted the goproHD camera upside down. I used all the extenders it cam with and the POV was not how I wanted it. So i emailed gopro and they sent an additional 1 inch extender for free. The lens is at my eye level. If you look at some of the pics you can see the camera position through the front windshield. shot in r5 mode (recommended for motorsports). I flipped the video back around in my editing software. I am sure imovie and windows movie maker can flip the video.
good luck!
awesome!
an email is all u needed to do with GoPro for the extender?
thanks for the info!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome!
thanks for the info!
np

just make sure all the connectors are pretty tight, otherwise there will be a little shake action....also when storing ensure to losten the bolts/screws so you dont' have to "wrench" it down more and more putting wear and tear on the plastic joints.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
That looks fun as hell. Lots of fast sweeping corners....or you're driving so slow it makes slow corners look fast. /chuckle
yes :vtec: i was not going as "fast" as i could, but yes pretty fast track, only a handful of braking spots.

I am doing about 105 or so at the end of the straight, enter turn 1 at 80-85 or so. Once I get better/more comfortable i should be able to be floored for the entire banked oval portion. which will put me at about 120 or so at the end of the straight. but at this point i'm more focused on driving the quick line/keeping it smooth, no sense and going faster if I'm not in complete control.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts